Serious Discussion Kaspersky\VPN\KSOS 2021MR14 betas

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Installed smoothly over the previous version 21.13. However, I noticed that sometimes Kaspersky didn't delete the old version of the driver, and this needs to be done manually.

Image-480.png

And I found some leftovers in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Kaspersky Lab. I deleted every folder there without the one named 21.14.

It is also a bit frustrating that now you can no longer hide/ignore some recommendations like "Incompatible software found" like in the previous version 21.13. I am using Kaspersky Free and Comodo Firewall combo with my own settings from a decade and didn't have a single issue so far despite this recommendation. Well, I guess I will simply ignore it.

Image-478.png

Image-479.png

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Edge image, the extension is still greyed out
Do you use other security applications that could interfere with it? I caught that Kaspersky is using plugins_nms.exe to execute the chrome related extension and make it work. Not the case with Firefox, tho. It is using the same process for Firefox, but didn't intercept such command.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky 21.14\plugins_nms.exe" chrome-extension://ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm/ --parent-window=0 < \\.\pipe\LOCAL\edge.nativeMessaging.in.102de3f5a9260af4 > \\.\pipe\LOCAL\edge.nativeMessaging.out.102de3f5a9260af4

But as you can see it is greyed out for me as well, but still working. I don't use Chrome, so I didn't test there. But nothing unusual here.

Image-486.png

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I have owned Kaspersky Internet Security on one of my machines for 2 days.
Product up to date. Is this the final version ?

kismt.jpg

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Well, that is the latest version of the old product line KIS/KTS/KAV, etc. You can migrate with Your KIS license to Kaspersky Standard if it is already available in Your country region... new product line last version is 21.14

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.