New Update Kaspersky\VPN\KSOS 2021MR16 & KES 12 betas

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I used to do that by booting Ubuntu from a disc, to get rid of some stubborn files etc. You're bringing back memories :)
Haha...I deleted some files from Linux in the past when I was using dual boot setup of Windows+Linux. So you brought back some memories for me too :)
On an uninstall, I did have to do a little clean-up of Kaspersky root certificates, and clear all the history settings in Brave for its certificate not to show up on some websites.
For future reference, deleting history is not necessary. Deleting cookies for all or only for those specific sites is enough.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Haha...I deleted some files from Linux in the past when I was using dual boot setup of Windows+Linux. So you brought back some memories for me too :)

For future reference, deleting history is not necessary. Deleting cookies for all or only for those specific sites is enough.
Thank you, friend, I took the shotgun approach and deleted it all, but now I'll know for next time :)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As in previous new updates versions, it seems 21.16 is already available for some regions:

Now You, as always, change the link part belonging to country region "/en-GB/" "/es-es/" and so on, to get the new version.

It seems VPN 21.16 installer still not yet available...

Probably soon, new installers in some K. official sites also, but may take a bit...

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

Dead link, in both Chrome and Brave?
dead link.jpg

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
Hello and Happy New Year (I was being away for a while).

Hmm, do you have any changelog yet? I installed over my previous installation, and it denied my free license (I had 3 months before it expires). After a couple of times trying to downgrade back to the free version it said "something went wrong, please retry bla-bla". I had to use one of the public free keys to downgrade, but now only 1 device is protected with it. With my previous free key, they were 3 devices and I added my Android phone to it as well. At least, the license now is for another 365 days.

But the most strange thing I've noticed is that despite I am using the Free version I have Firewall and Intrusion Prevention. How is that possible? I doubt they added them to the free version. Probably the program still think I am using the Standard version instead?

At least the Firefox add-on is green again instead of gray.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.