New Update Kaspersky\VPN\KSOS 2021MR16 & KES 12 betas

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
Mine updated to patch (b) as well. Thanks for the heads-up to restart the system. I usually don't restart my PC for weeks.
The export settings function is still not fixed on my system.

How is the Kaspersky Free version in terms of pop-ups and Advertisements?

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
How is the Kaspersky Free version in terms of pop-ups and Advertisements?
There are some ads from time to time but very rare. There are usually something like this:

Image-414.png
Image-411.png

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
There are some ads from time to time but very rare. There are usually something like this:

Image-414.png
Image-411.png

These are upselling pop-ups, How often do you get these? This is why I miss the old version of Bitdefender free, you can stop the promotional pop-ups in settings and Bitdefender never showed anything after that but now the new Bitdefender free is a bloatware like every other Antivirus.

Reactions: B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
These are upselling pop-ups, How often do you get these? This is why I miss the old version of Bitdefender free, you can stop the promotional pop-ups in settings and Bitdefender never showed anything after that but now the new Bitdefender free is a bloatware like every other Antivirus.
They occur in very rare occasions. Maybe I get one or two once for several weeks or even months. Really not big of an issue. At least for me. For a free product with a great protection, I am really happy to pay the price of seeing some ads once per several weeks/months. If I didn't use Comodo I would probably buy it but not because of the ads but for the Application Manager control.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
You should report it, previously enabling K. traces while reproducing the issue, then send to them, and They will find a solution.
Reported it here. Probably I should have created a new topic in the Free version section of the forum, but this one was related to my problem (but the error code is different, tho).

Ok, they moved it to the appropriate forum.

For some reason, I was unable to log in with my original account there, and now I have 3 accounts... I hope the site admin will resolve the issue for me. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.