Serious Discussion Kaspersky\VPN\KSOS 2021MR15 betas

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I had a problem with the scan disappearing from the context menu when installing the new version over the old version
The solution was to remove kaspersky from the Programs and Features and not keep the settings or do something similar to a clean install

View attachment 279336
That worked, thank you :) I did look for any leftover folders to delete (didn't find any) and cleaned out the temp and %temp% folders, restarted the PC and ran the installer. So yes, that does make a difference, otherwise, we're waiting for a patch?

right click.jpg

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 93475

That worked, thank you :) I did look for any leftover folders to delete (didn't find any) and cleaned out the temp and %temp% folders, restarted the PC and ran the installer. So yes, that does make a difference, otherwise, we're waiting for a patch?
Uninstalling Kaspersky deletes almost everything and leaves no residue except for what you choose to remain, such as license data. This is no longer important because new activations are linked to the email and can be restored even after formatting the device
Perhaps it should be noted that this version 21.15.8.493 is not advisable to install on top of the previous one and that it is recommended to do a clean installation:rolleyes:
I haven't found this anywhere and the problem is only with this version, maybe because they changed something in the settings and some conflicts occurred

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Is there any way to get a pop-up notification when a new device connects to the Smart Home Monitor/Connected devices? I edited some of the names for better clarity, so everything that is listed is accounted for. But if a new device comes online, is there a way for Kaspersky to warn me? It's one of the features I really like about Plus, it's a very clean, easy to use, and well laid out component.

Or, is it just something I have to keep track of in the Smart Home Monitor window by opening the app and looking? Thank goodness they put the module link on the Home screen and it does show the number of connected devices, so it can be tracked fairly easily in that way. It sure beats opening up my router webpage to find out.

settings1.JPG

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
As well as with Chrome, no Kaspersky pop-up. Maybe we'll get the notification when they update to the next build, unless it was just a Firefox update thing? I did get the FF notification.
I have seen similar things for other Firefox extensions, so I think it's Firefox related only. But this change is Firefox is quite recent. Maybe a few months ago this opt-in method was introduced for extensions that require more permissions and collect data.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.