Advice Request Kaspersky With Comodo Cloud Antivirus

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didie Farhan

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 3, 2015
Can i use Comodo Cloud Antivirus with Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 on Windows 10 x64? Is there any problem with this combo.
I only want to use the sandbox as Kaspersky does not compatible with sandboxie.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Better to use Sandboxie instead, autosandbox feature of Comodo is same with little mechanical tweaks and Kaspersky can perform better at all.

Look for Application Control of Kaspersky which good for lock down of unknown programs

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In theory, you should be able to combo them, because CCAV does not have HIPS.
Disable the AV component of CCAV.
You might feel an impact on your system performance.
Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and give it a try.
And don't forget to report on your experiences. If you don't like it, just uninstall, no big deal...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I already tried shade sandbox but i can't launch chrome with it installed. There was error popup 0x.... i don't quite remember.
even without kaspersky, there is a problem running chrome in shade. You have to sign in to chrome again after every reboot. Not worth the trouble.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I tried the new version of CCAV with Kaspersky, and it worked fine for me. I disabled the AV component of CCAV, and used only the autosandbox, which works quite well in the new version.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Better to use Sandboxie instead, autosandbox feature of Comodo is same with little mechanical tweaks and Kaspersky can perform better at all.

Look for Application Control of Kaspersky which good for lock down of unknown programs
You can't use Sandboxie with Kaspersky it isn't compatible. In theory you could use the two - I have tried it before but Kaspersky should be enough protection. If you are concerned about Kaspersky not being enough just add VoodooShield, MalwareBytes Premium or Zemana, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.