Kaspersky with TAM enabled -- how to install "unknown" program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
what's the best way to install or uninstall programs that TAM blocks? This question becomes especially relevant if you turn off trust of digital certificates.
In my experience, the installation process creates a few processes that get blocked, and it gets a little messy to find them and unblock them.
On the other hand, I don't want to completely turn off AV protection during installation, because I can't always be %100 sure what the installer file is going to do to my system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
By default TAM uses heuristics analyzer or cloud reputation based in order to attain the severity risk rating. Either put it on low restricted rating or trusted (use with caution) for each file detected new in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.