Battle KAV 14 or NOD 32 + COMODO vs F-Secure IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerius

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
My Rig: i5-3337U, nVidia 710M, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1 Update 1 (x64)

1) Which one has less impact on performace?
2) Which one is offering better protection?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For Windows 8.1 Update 1 (x64), nothing beats Windows default security for performance.
It is impossible to say which would provide you with the best protection it all depends on a number of things:
1. Your downloading and surfing habits. (Do you always only download files from trusted sources and always utilize UAC prompts?)
2. Do you keep Windows and your online software updated? (especially browsers and browser plugins)
3. Do you know how to tell the difference between legitimate websites and malicious sites (fake alert sites)?
4. Do you allow other users to use your system on an Admin account without supervision?
5. Do you use browser security extensions to help avoid malicious sites and phishing scams?

The the answer is yes to all the above, then Windows default security will be all that you need.
As long as you have a backup plan just in case.

Enjoy!! :D

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Will not have all Anti leak blocking, but great performance yes. I've use all default security on Windows 8 at about 31% of RAM spike, and might drop down at 28% or 29% RAM! The same as Windows 7 and less, because I also disable a few Windows services as well!

For Windows 8.1 Update 1 (x64), nothing beats Windows default security for performance.
It is impossible to say which would provide you with the best protection it all depends on a number of things:
1. Your downloading and surfing habits. (Do you always only download files from trusted sources and always utilize UAC prompts?)
2. Do you keep Windows and your online software updated? (especially browsers and browser plugins)
3. Do you know how to tell the difference between legitimate websites and malicious sites (fake alert sites)?
4. Do you allow other users to use your system on an Admin account without supervision?
5. Do you use browser security extensions to help avoid malicious sites and phishing scams?

The the answer is yes to all the above, then Windows default security will be all that you need.
As long as you have a backup plan just in case.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.