KAV\KIS\KTS\KFA\KS\KSOS: 21.1.10.361 MR1 beta

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
As I said, this is an early beta (the 2nd indeed) and of course still unstable, I'm trying it in my main system (not virutal) and running fine (previously disabled all the dump and traces settings)...
I did notice that on install drivers took quite a while to install which is very unusual, pretty fast Ryzen PC - it's not a problem testing in on this PC as image daily. I'm also testing Stardock Curtains so not a good idea to use two beta products on the same PC.

Reactions: harlan4096

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@harlan4096 " (previously disabled all the dump and traces settings)..." is there a setting in KIS 2021 MR1 to do that?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Well, in all Kaspersky products there is Traces settings (disabled by default in official versions):

1590326837364.png

But in these betas there are additional debugging features enabled (You have to delete 2 keys in Windows Registry and reboot)...

• Wow
Reactions: Cortex and stefanos

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@harlan4096 The screenshot you posted, you mean there is option to disable that without going to the registry ( as you mentioned before.)?

I didn't understand what you said. We are close to KIS 2021 MR0 which is the final public release build.

But months to the final of MR1? I thought we passed the MR1 since we are close to MR0.

Sorry, I am not good at the math and numbers.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
After MR1 we should have TR (Technical Release) and only then the public release. Often TR is the last version but sometimes Kaspersky updates the TR before release.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
We are on KIS 21 MR1 beta, right now, right? So the final build that will be out in a few days will be MR1?
NO AND NO! :ROFLMAO:

We are in K2021MR0 TR -> close to be delivered officially, and MR1 still in early beta (for now 2nd beta), so still some months until MR1 gets stable to become TR status and then official release...

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Well, TR usually is for internal checking before official release, a Russian K2021MR0 TR were already leaked some weeks ago, I posted here in this section...

Usually TR is the same as final version...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.