KAV\KIS\KTS\KFA\KS\KSOS: 21.1.10.361 MR1 beta

Chipicao

Level 2
May 17, 2020
Lol this logo of Panda is ridiculous in my opinion. Kaspersky should keep the old logo.

Why change something that is OK to one worst? Someone need to tell Kaspersky to avoid that.

Reactions: Cortex

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
It can also be changed in the settings > appreance:
1590525374580.png

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
AS much as I liked the "K" I got used to the green shield. Now i just wish the interface had a dark theme.

True, the "K" is very nostalgic but the green shield fits very well with the rest of the elegantly modern UI language. Kaspersky and Norton I think are the two most visually appealing AV suites out there. F-Secure is in the process of reinventing their UI but it doesn't take many clicks to find one of the previous ugly multi-paneled settings dialogs like it's Windows 2000 all over again.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@harlan4096 Sorry to bother you, but I hate that for the very reputable vendor like Kaspersky, beta testers aren't given tiny little information such as ETA for the final build. Do you have any news from the progress of the beta or the TR version that will come out soon?
I have a friend he told me this:

After 25 years in professional therapeutic activity, I can say that anticipation is ok, but sometimes the expectation is not ok. If we want something, or if we ask for something, but we expect it, then are we being manipulative?

Beta, when? Answer: WIIR.

New software, When? Answer: WIIR.

Asking, and acceptance of "No" is ok.

If the answer of "No" is not acceptable, then it is manipulation.

*WIIR: When it is ready.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Most software companies don't give firm dates for when next releases are going to announce. These are betas for their invited testers anyway.

FWIW I've been running Windows build 2004 previews for months now with no noticeable compatibility issues with any AV, so I'm not sure it's really required to have an AV update synchronized with Windows 2004's rollout. I am really excited to see what's next in Kaspersky 2021.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Another friend of mine told me:
My policy about pre-release software (be it alpha, beta, whatever) is not to install it and wait for stable versions unless the current version has show-stopping bugs. So, I’ll wait until KIS 2021 is released either in English. There is no rush, KIS 2020 works very well already so I’m don’t need to update it.

I agree with him. But the English version, Technical Release is final build right @harlan4096 ?
I meant to ask when the official version will be out, once the TR is out.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.