Advice Request KB5019980 regarding this updates size 128gb

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Frogish

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2022
Is the size of this update really correct ? I checked online and it should be 252.1 MB. I used Get-Windowsupdate and it shows that KB5019980is 128 gb? Does anyone know the reason for this ?

Frogish

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2022
Screenshot (1).png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
so why does it say 128 gp ? XD

Replies from reddit
I see this all the time with PSWindowsUpdate. No clue is it’s the fault of the module or the Windows APIs it uses. Far as I can tell it’s purely cosmetic and not problematic for the actual update installs.
It's certainly not the module. I've coded my own update script using the COM+ api and it's pretty common for updates to be flagged with their maximum possible size.
Source: r/PowerShell

You can verify actual size from the Update Catalogue link shared by @upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.