Advice Request KDE Plasma does not keep the setting of the automatic sorting by name of the icons on the desktop.

ChromeOS & Linux
27 Replies 5,364 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
Yes yes share your setup please? I'm curious... 😊
Okay, you need to go to system settings and download the following:
  • Themes:
    • Adapta-Nokto.
  • Applets:
    • Weather
    • Cinnamenu
    • CPU Temperature Indicator
  • Extensions:
    • Cinnamon Dynamic Wallpaper
  • Fonts:
    • Cantarell.
  • Icons:
    • Papirus icon theme.
  • Cursors:
    • Breeze or Bibata.
Activate the downloaded components from the related settings (I assume you know how to change themes, icons, etc.).

What you need to take care of for Adapta-Nokto theme:
Select the theme as your Desktop, Controls and Window Borders in the Cinnamon Themes module.

To allow the GTK2, GTK3 and Metacity1 themes to apply to GUI apps running as root run this command in your terminal after installation to create a symlink to the theme in the local system theme directory.

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/themes; sudo ln -s ~/.themes/Adapta-Nokto /usr/local/share/themes/

Disable the default start menu and activate Cinnamenu instead of it.

Cinnamon Dynamic Wallpaper will be changed based on time, it has a lot of wallpapers, the one on my image is lakeside:

Screenshot from 2023-11-24 16-20-07.png

Cantarell font, I select the bold for windows title font and regular for other, with size of 10 for all.

Papirus Dark and Breeze Light.

Other taskbar items will work automatically, just enable them and order their locations as you like from the Panel settings.
 
Okay, you need to go to system settings and download the following:
  • Themes:
    • Adapta-Nokto.
  • Applets:
    • Weather
    • Cinnamenu
    • CPU Temperature Indicator
  • Extensions:
    • Cinnamon Dynamic Wallpaper
  • Fonts:
    • Cantarell.
  • Icons:
    • Papirus icon theme.
  • Cursors:
    • Breeze or Bibata.
Activate the downloaded components from the related settings (I assume you know how to change themes, icons, etc.).

What you need to take care of for Adapta-Nokto theme:


Disable the default start menu and activate Cinnamenu instead of it.

Cinnamon Dynamic Wallpaper will be changed based on time, it has a lot of wallpapers, the one on my image is lakeside:

View attachment 288795

Cantarell font, I select the bold for windows title font and regular for other, with size of 10 for all.

Papirus Dark and Breeze Light.

Other taskbar items will work automatically, just enable them and order their locations as you like from the Panel settings.
Your desktop/taskbar look fantastic, well done :)
 
SRS Audio Sandbox?
Yes, and this app, is already old. (y)
I used to love that.
Yes, I love that too. I still use four speakers connected to my desktop PC, and they go through an amplifier receiver, with two speakers connected to the subwoofer for bass sounds and the other two speakers handling treble sounds. :)
Didn’t know it was still around but it improves the audio quality a lot.
It still exists, but I believe it has been discontinued. However, it still works on Win11. Yes, it greatly improves audio quality. I use SRS Audio Sandbox to equalise the sound. ;)
 
It still exists, but I believe it has been discontinued. However, it still works on Win11. Yes, it greatly improves audio quality. I use SRS Audio Sandbox to equalise the sound
SRS got acquired by DTS and at this point the app was discontinued.
 
Ho testato la nuova versione di Debian 13 con KDE e sembra che questo problema sia stato risolto con l'ultima versione di KDE. Tuttavia, come configurazione del desktop, a mio parere, quella di Cinnamon (or Zorin desktop) è ancora la migliore, poiché consente di visualizzare le icone "Computer", "Home" e "Cestino", oltre alle icone "Rete" e "Dispositivi USB".
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top