Advice Request Keepsolid DNS/Firewall

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
Is anyone using Keepsolid DNS/Firewall products? I ask because I have been testing their mobile apps vs adguard/next DNS and wanted to confirm if changes in the firewall service integrates with their smart DNS service. This is purely for educational purposes. Yes they are US based, this is all cloud no physical on prem, they have local apps but not using for this use case, again purely educational.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I didn't know the DNS or the firewall of Keepsolid.
I just knew the VPN which is VPN Unlimiteed (or I have bad memory) .
But in any case, I will not trust an unknown box on the market for my DNS queries :/

Reactions: Nevi

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I have a lifetime license of VPN Unlimited + their DNS Firewall. I didn't quite get your question tho...

Reactions: Nevi

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
They have the smart dns service which is for streaming (according to them), and the firewall service for security etc. To my knowledge, the firewall app/service behaves like adguard with local vpn...fine. I am wondering if setting changes to the firewall service somehow are reflected to their smartdns service mimicing nextdns sort of.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.