Kerish Doctor 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
It depends on how large your drives and files are but 2 hrs to complete the scan is odd.
You may want to excude Kerish Doctor processes from your security software(s) to minimize the slowdowns.

For the info Kerish Doctor have issues running/installing in a computer system that has already corrupted or malware infected.
Otherwise KD is one of the few maintainace cum security utility that i personally recommended unlike some others snake oils programs.
How about subsequent scans after all KD processes have been excluded in F-Secure whitelist. Does the scan times improved. You may want to contact the developer for help, their support is reasonably fast and helpful.

I'll try. Thank you very much.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Pros about Kerish Doctor that i've seen.

1. If your PC is blocked by malware or an fullscreen application has stopped responding press Escape button for 10 seconds to activate Kerish Deblocker function to terminate active window process.
2. In-house AV engine functions as a secondary anti-malware layer with very low false detections.
3. Works from the system kernel in realtime and prevents errors as they happen in some cases, and proactively attempts to fix them.
4. Constantly finds errors and fixed them and reports them without affecting system slow down.
5. Check installed software for critical vulnerabilities or patches, new versions and will update them.
6. Monitor system temperatures.
7. Protect important system files.
8. Control changes of security settings.
9. Protects file hosts.
10. Protect from riskware application (remote admins, adwares, keyloggers).
11. Protect from malicious applications (viruses, trojans etc.)
12. Very low impact on pc performance.
13. Real-time processes doesn't seems to affect system boot, start-up and shut-down time.
14. User friendly interface with fast response time.
15. No bloats and adware free.
16. Features are straight foward and useful.
17. Provide configurable important notifications of system events & product background jobs variables.
18. Reliable Technical support.
19. Realtime monitoring (in the cloud) and regularly definitions, components database updates.
20. Selective rollback changes.
21. Does not corrupt security applications, critical system files etc.
22. Does not removed important and useful cookies, application or system cache, MRUs etc.
23. Intelligence scans delete old system caches and useless junk files improving system performance.
24. File Protection protects specific files from accidental removal.
25. File Recovery lets you recover deleted files and documents from your computer.

Take note KD is not a full optimizer but you may one to add MyDefrag to your list.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Neno and Behold Eck

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Click the help and support button. Or the official forum? Let us know how things turn out?

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Click the help and support button. Or the official forum? Let us know how things turn out?

I wrote to support:

I have installed Kerish Doctro 2015 on my laptop and I have problem with detection and cleaning junk files.
First scan was two hours a second scanning was faster (2-3 minutes) but second cleaning still takes too long time (10-15 minutes).
Number of Corrected problems is 1156
By the detection and cleaning kerishdoctro.exe CPU usage is 25%.

I have instaled Windows 7 64 Umltimate, F-Secure IS 2015 and Adguard pro version on my laptop.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Did you ask Kerish Doctor 2015 to take a look at PC through team-viewer? Also, set-up a time where they can look into this matter!

Reactions: bitbizket

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I'm guessing here, looks likely a conflict with Deep Guard. HIPS can caused problems with some applications. On my machine i'd removed AdGuard Pro as it caused unusual high disk activity and slightly higher processor intake whenever i ran my p2p program in the background.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Thank you for contacting Kerish Products Technical Support.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Unfortunately, Kerish Products server has been attacked by massive DDoS-attack and some time were inaccessible.
Our experts have restored all the services.

Help us to find the source of the problem:

1) In the main application settings ("Program Settings -> General") set the checkbox on the "Debug mode" and click "OK".
Restart the application.

2) Then it is necessary to repeat the problem.
In our case, try to perform clean PC by Kerish Doctor 2015 and wait for the finish.

3) This will bring up a file "KerishDoctor.log" on the desktop that you want to send us support@kerish.org.
This file will help our experts determine the source of the problem.

After all performed manipulations its recommended to disable debug mode in the main program settings.
--
Best regards,
Kerish Products Technical Support.support@kerish.org
www.kerish.org

Reactions: bitbizket

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012

In first LOG file:
PC Scan has been started at 18:58:21 and finished at 18:59:25 (about one minute)
Fixing problems has been started at 18:59:29 and finished at 19:00:11 (about 40 seconds)

In second LOG file:
PC Scan has been started at 19:11:03 and finished at 19:11:50 (about 50 seconds)
Fixing problems has been started at 19:11:56 and finished at 19:12:01 (about 5 seconds)

We have not seen any problems, its a good fast scanning time.
--
Best regards,
www.kerish.org

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012

In first LOG file:
PC Scan has been started at 18:58:21 and finished at 18:59:25 (about one minute)
Fixing problems has been started at 18:59:29 and finished at 19:00:11 (about 40 seconds)

In second LOG file:
PC Scan has been started at 19:11:03 and finished at 19:11:50 (about 50 seconds)
Fixing problems has been started at 19:11:56 and finished at 19:12:01 (about 5 seconds)

We have not seen any problems, its a good fast scanning time.
--
Best regards,
www.kerish.org

But, I asked for a problem with the first scan (about 2h),not about scaning and cleaning fifth time!? :)

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I see. Well, when did you run the very first scan, did this process coinsides with the time Kerish Doctor was having a problem with their servers?
When you first install KD some files needed to get updated as well as the definitions.
Also the intelligence scans are done synchronisely in the cloud so it can determined what measures to take.
If KD have issues connecting to the servers or (the servers are partially working) then i assumed it would take such a long time to complete the scan.

Don't take my word for it though.

To comfirmed KD is fully working as it supposed to, you'll need to fully uninstalled KD from your windows.
Reboot and run a cleaner (ie. CCleaner) than reinstalled KD.
Update KD and run the first scan again.
If it works at a faster time than before than the question you have been wondering is probably answered.

Since this is working nicely for you right now. It isn't neccessary to follow my above instruction.
If you're running a trial version, it has 15 days trial period after that you'll need to buy a license.
I'm not sure if they still offering an extended 1 year free license.

For your info Kerish Doctor runs best in real-time automated.
To be honest advanced or experienced computer user doesn't really need such program(s) in real-time.
Some people have multiple machines running in their network so program like Kerish Doctor helps them to save time and do less work..
Kerish Doctor is much different in functionality than many other maintainance utility, it is quite unique in it owns way.
I don't used KD on my system but some of my customer do and so far they are happy with Kerish Doctor.

There are other free programs if used wisely can effectively keeps the system in optimal condition.
But so few are worth having.

Most importantantly atleast do a backup of the system partition incase of a disaster.

Gooday.

Last edited:

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I see. Well, when did you run the very first scan, did this process coinsides with the time Kerish Doctor was having a problem with their servers?
When you first install KD some files needed to get updated as well as the definitions.
Also the intelligence scans are done synchronisely in the cloud so it can determined what measures to take.
If KD have issues connecting to the servers or (the servers are partially working) then i assumed it would take such a long time to complete the scan.

Don't take my word for it though.

To comfirmed KD is fully working as it supposed to, you'll need to fully uninstalled KD from your windows.
Reboot and run a cleaner (ie. CCleaner) than reinstalled KD.
Update KD and run the first scan again.
If it works at a faster time than before than the question you have been wondering is probably answered.

Since this is working nicely for you right now. It isn't neccessary to follow my above instruction.
If you're running a trial version, it has 15 days trial period after that you'll need to buy a license.
I'm not sure if they still offering an extended 1 year free license.

For your info Kerish Doctor runs best in real-time automated.
To be honest advanced or experienced computer user doesn't really need such program(s) in real-time.
Some people have multiple machines running in their network so program like Kerish Doctor helps them to save time and do less work..
Kerish Doctor is much different in functionality than many other maintainance utility, it is quite unique in it owns way.
I don't used KD on my system but some of my customer do and so far they are happy with Kerish Doctor.

There are other free programs if used wisely can effectively keeps the system in optimal condition.
But so few are worth having.

Most importantantly atleast do a backup of the system partition incase of a disaster.

Gooday.

I have a three-year license and besides this I am very satisfied with Kerish Doctor.
Thank you for info.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I sent a notice for Kerish support:

Hi,why F Secure Deep Guard during instalation of Kerish Doctor 2015 block installation?
I made an exception and I am allowed installation but I want to inform you about this problem.

Regards,

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.