Q&A Kerish Doctor anti virus component, is it good?

peterfat111

Level 8
Mar 25, 2021
Is kerish's antivirus good? Has anyone tested it? If yes how does it do? Could it be use as a main av or just a secondary one.

roger_m

Level 34
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's terrible and detects very little. So it's of no use as primary antivirus, or even a second opinion scanner. Also, it's worth noting that you can't scan specific files or folders. On the plus side, it has no issues with false positives, so there's usually no need to disable its malware scanning. Many years ago, Kerish planned to release a stand alone antivirus. But that never eventuated.

peterfat111

Level 8
Mar 25, 2021
It's terrible and detects very little. So it's of no use as primary antivirus, or even a second opinion scanner. Also, it's worth noting that you can't scan specific files or folders. On the plus side, it has no issues with false positives, so there's usually no need to disable its malware scanning. Many years ago, Kerish planned to release a stand alone antivirus. But that never eventuated.
Detection Ratio in Kerish Doctor anti-malware measure is very low, so I'd suggest you to use some paid antiviruses from the giveaway's or free Avira if you need a light antivirus without performance impact.
So I can just turn it off, as it does basically nothing?

peterfat111

Level 8
Mar 25, 2021
how about
1629288569710.png

peterfat111

Level 8
Mar 25, 2021
Leave it ON as well, because it may help you keep your Windows safe. It's always worth to keep an eye on the applications and their processes.
so they won't mess up with my main av when removing a virus, or just mess up the protection of my main av?

omidomi

Level 70
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Apr 5, 2014
These days any companies design an antivirus face with BD or Avira Engine :)