Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Great Laptop config Kev, that's what it's all about
brother, as long as "your" happy and secure ;)
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: JM Safe and kev216

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Like I said I've tried Sophos ealier and used it for about 4 months. I was happy with it then, but I went to Norton then since I got a license for that. Sophos isn't that bad. It has great signatures and there is behavior detection/kind of automatic Hips in Sophos home. It runs very light and smooth on my system, so I'm happy :)
I've used Avast and Avira for quite some time on another computer, but I didn't liked that Avast isn't as light as it was earlier. And Avira now comes with that stupid launcher that is eating memory and still lacks zero day protection. And chinese AV's, there is something in me that refuses to completely trust them.
Well, I've tried almost all of the AVs there exist during the past years and now it is Sophos turn. Might change again in the future. BD free looks promising too ;)
Have you tried Windows Denfender and just be carefull of what you download and the sites you visit?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.