Advice Request Keylogging protection not working

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hi

Is there a special setting within 360 TS I have to enable in order to activate keylogging protection?

I'm running various keylogging simulators (zemana, spyshelter) and 360 TS doesn't seem to be detecting any of them.

Many thanks in advance.

What os are you running,360 keylogger isn't implemented on windows 10, don't know why?

Last edited:

hypotemuse

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2016
What os are running,360 keylogger isn't implemented on windows 10, don't know why?
Yeah, I'm running Windows 10. Can't see any mention of a Windows 10 exclusion here. Guess I'll look into a separate anti-keylogger. It's probably on their todo list I suppose - still, seems like an extraordinary oversight. Not very "Total Security" or "suite" like. o_O

Thanks anyway.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Yeah, I'm running Windows 10. Can't see any mention of a Windows 10 exclusion here. Guess I'll look into a separate anti-keylogger. It's probably on their todo list I suppose - still, seems like an extraordinary oversight. Not very "Total Security" or "suite" like. o_O

Thanks anyway.
I use SpyShelter FREE Anti-Keylogger
...and previously used KeyScrambler FREE
I can recommend both products.:)

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
maybe Qihoo has whitelisted these keyloggers which is used for testing.

N

NullByte

Keylogger simulators are written to work only with their own security software.
If you really want to test Qihoo anti Keylogger you have to use a real Keylogger in a VM.

That's not true, "there is a chance" that other products will detect it too.

hypotemuse

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2016
Keylogger simulators are written to work only with their own security software.
If you really want to test Qihoo anti Keylogger you have to use a real Keylogger in a VM.
Sorry excuse my ignorance but doesn't the exception prove the case? If I've managed to run 2 keylogger sims that don't get picked up by Qihoo, it suggests it's not preventing at least those 2 keyloggers?

N

NullByte

Sorry excuse my ignorance but doesn't the exception prove the case? If I've managed to run 2 keylogger sims that don't get picked up by Qihoo, it suggests it's not preventing at least those 2 keyloggers?

Are your sure that Qihoo works well, Qihoo detected everything the last time I tested (4-5 days ago), the detection was by BB/HIPS. I tested Qihoo TSE on Windows 7 64bit with the protection set to Max

N

NullByte

This is what I get on Windows 7.
yLYZcEJ.png

H

hjlbx

Ok thanks, will give KeyScrambler a go. Out of interest, are you aware of an all-in-one anti-virus suite that does include anti-keylogging? (Avast AV does seem to, but only through use of its Safezone browser)

Webroot -- you have to add the programs to the Identity Shield manually; Webroot does not provide system-wide anti-logging protection.

For system-wide anti-logging protection you need a paid anti-logger: SpyShelter and Zemana -- only paid versions.

KeyScrambler paid provides anti-logging protection only for programs on its built-in list.

Free anti-loggers only protect browsers.

hypotemuse

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 30, 2016
Webroot -- you have to add the programs to the Identity Shield manually; Webroot does not provide system-wide anti-logging protection.

For system-wide anti-logging protection you need a paid anti-logger: SpyShelter and Zemana -- only paid versions.

KeyScrambler paid provides anti-logging protection only for programs on its built-in list.

Many thanks. That's more comprehensive than I expected. :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

In addition to this, there's also HitmanPro.Alert that provides Keystroke encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.