Usability
4.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
not require interaction, light and little interference in the system;
software only protect keystrokes in browsers in version freeware
Performance and System Impact
4.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
low impact on the system, once installed you will not even notice the presence of the program.
Protection
4.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Not proctect against phishing, ransomware, PUPs (adwares)... EXCEPT IF YOUR KEYBOARD KEYS ARE CAPTURED;
In version freeware is limited (PROTECT ONLY WEB BROWSERS);
Pros
It's a free software
Low impact on system resources
Easy to use
Simple and non-intrusive
Works alongside other antivirus software
Cons
Limited web protection
Software installed on computer
More than 3 months
Computer Specifications
requirement:
Windows 10, 8 and 7;
CPU dual core or more;
memory RAM 2 or more gigas
Recommended for
All types of users
Inexperienced users
Experienced users
Device is shared by family members
Banking or other financial activity
Low specs device
Overall Rating
4.00 star(s)
Disclaimer

Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Stopspying

Level 7
I first used KeyScrambler over 10 years ago and liked it despite it crashing fairly regularly, further development brought a much more stable product. I think your report is a very fair summary of the product.

I stopped using it a couple of years ago, it clashed with other security software (sorry, can't remember what). I installed it onto the PC I'm using now about 2 months ago, I was impressed with how stable it seemed. This thread reminded me to check the taskbar for its icon, its not there (a new incognito mode?!). Its not showing in Process Lasso or Task Manager other than in the 'Start Up' list. Trying to run it as Administrator brings up a window stating that it is already running and then asks if I want to close the current instance, I click yes and go round in the same circle. I haven't got time to check it out more fully at the moment, if I find anything more later I'll feedback. I still like KeyScrambler though.