4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
simple and requires little user interaction
Performance (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Not proctect against phishing, ransomware, PUPs (adwares)... EXCEPT IF YOUR KEYBOARD KEYS ARE CAPTURED;
In version freeware is limited (PROTECT ONLY WEB BROWSERS);
Positives
    • Freeware
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Easy to use
    • Simple and non-intrusive
    • Compatible with other anti-virus software
Negatives
    • Limited web protection
Time spent using product
Computer specs
requirement:
Windows 10, 8 and 7;
CPU dual core or more;
memory RAM 2 or more gigas
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
  2. Inexperienced users
  3. Experienced users
  4. Multi-user devices
  5. Financial banking or trading
  6. Low spec PCs
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I first used KeyScrambler over 10 years ago and liked it despite it crashing fairly regularly, further development brought a much more stable product. I think your report is a very fair summary of the product.

I stopped using it a couple of years ago, it clashed with other security software (sorry, can't remember what). I installed it onto the PC I'm using now about 2 months ago, I was impressed with how stable it seemed. This thread reminded me to check the taskbar for its icon, its not there (a new incognito mode?!). Its not showing in Process Lasso or Task Manager other than in the 'Start Up' list. Trying to run it as Administrator brings up a window stating that it is already running and then asks if I want to close the current instance, I click yes and go round in the same circle. I haven't got time to check it out more fully at the moment, if I find anything more later I'll feedback. I still like KeyScrambler though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.