shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Just put a tick in "perform idle scan", this setting is in the performance tab. Then you will not be affected by regular scans.

If you are doing a manual full system scan, so like @mekelek said, you can forget about computer performance for that time, no matter what AV you are using. Just chill out until the scan is over, or let it run while you are away from the computer.

ras74

Level 2
Verified
May 11, 2014
who is doing anything when running full scans? normally you shouldn't care about ram, hell cpu usage while doing full system scans...

this is what should matter:
uUWI1v.png
I'm surprised that this amount of RAM and the rest of the antiviruses have a low RAM consumption and probably a 2018 bug.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Just tested KIS 2018 full scan on my machine... memory usage was around 130mb/ 0,2% CPU with peak 220mb/20% CPU usage when decompressing something... Basically I could work normally while KIS was doing a full scan. But as I usually say that is my machine... it will behave differently depending on your specs and software being run.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
who is doing anything when running full scans? normally you shouldn't care about ram, hell cpu usage while doing full system scans...

this is what should matter:
uUWI1v.png
I'm not a Kaspersky user, so I am a bit lost, but, It is supposed to have improved their RAM consumption?, when I watched the screenshot I got quite surpised because I don't know why I thought KAV/KIS consumes quite less than that. Quite high, compared to my solution. Im a bit lost on what range of memory consume av nowadays

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Here's a small update I found on the Kaspersky forum (this post is a week old):
The v2018 had reached TR (technical release stage), whereby developers had signed off on it. However, there have been no CR (commercial release) as of yet. This is up to the KL Marketing Department of each region. Tech Support can give you v2018 if you encounter certain issues, therefore for now its the only official way to get the distribution binary. We do not want users blindly clicking on the link, therefore it had been removed.

All Kaspersky distribution binaries are signed by a digital signature. You can view it by downloading the binary and choosing properties and selecting Digital Signature tab. There is no need to fear that the file had been actually tampered with for this reason. So fear not about it. I do not have access to the marketing plans, as to when and how the release will be out of the door. However, as you can see certain portion of it had been appearing on the actual production download servers.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I'm not a Kaspersky user, so I am a bit lost, but, It is supposed to have improved their RAM consumption?, when I watched the screenshot I got quite surpised because I don't know why I thought KAV/KIS consumes quite less than that. Quite high, compared to my solution. Im a bit lost on what range of memory consume av nowadays
well that's during heavy use of every software on your computer in my case, while its tuned for almost maximum protection. I find the RAM usage hilariously small but I guess having 16GB of RAM changes a person's perspective.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
well that's during heavy use of every software on your computer in my case, while its tuned for almost maximum protection. I find the RAM usage hilariously small but I guess having 16GB of RAM changes a person's perspective.
In your case, it is normal, adding that you have max settings on Kaspersky, but with 16 GB or RAM, 160MB consumption is nothing.
In my case, my family computer, a Dell vostro 3250 with an i3 and 4 GB of RAM, although we don't use much this comp, only for browsing, office...etc, I prefer to have a lighter solution in case we need the 4GB for something in future.

frsjF3j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.