Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I thought some components would be renamed. I remember that vulnerability scan's name was changed to something else. It's still the same with the current release. What happened?

Also, I don't see any major change in this version compared to the 2017 version. @harlan4096, is there any groundbreaking feature or anything worth mentioning in the 2018 version?
That new "Vulnerability Scanning" module We talked about some months ago is only available in "Kaspersky Cloud" (KAAS features) version, in KTS/KAV/KIS2018 still the standard "Vulnerability Scanning" as in previous versions...

About new features of K2018 I already upload some time ago a screen-shots gallery with new features in K2018:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

What's new

But some new features are only in KCloud version...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
That new "Vulnerability Scanning" module We talked about some months ago is only available in "Kaspersky Cloud" (KAAS features) version, in KTS/KAV/KIS2018 still the standard "Vulnerability Scanning" as in previous versions...

About new features of K2018 I already upload some time ago a screen-shots gallery with new features in K2018:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

What's new

But some new features are only in KCloud version...
Ah, okay, thanks! :D

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Does Kaspersky update to the new version by itself or do you have to download the installer and upgrade manually?

Personally i always proceed as follows :
> Download new Kaspersky version > Reboot
> Exit Kaspersky > Uninstall Kaspersky (keep license information during uninstall) > reboot
> Install new Kaspersky version > Update Databases > Reboot

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
Personally i always proceed as follows :
> Download new Kaspersky version > Reboot
> Exit Kaspersky > Uninstall Kaspersky (keep license information during uninstall) > reboot
> Install new Kaspersky version > Update Databases > Reboot
with every major release this is the best procedure to install a software. even windows should clean install every major releases.

Rezart

Level 1
Jan 26, 2017
I thought some components would be renamed. I remember that vulnerability scan's name was changed to something else. It's still the same with the current release. What happened?

Also, I don't see any major change in this version compared to the 2017 version. @harlan4096, is there any groundbreaking feature or anything worth mentioning in the 2018 version?

The scan speed of KIS 2018 is much more faster than KIS 2017 and this is a very welcome improvement. It feels somehow lighter

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Please see attached detailed report

kis_2018_scan_time.jpg

cc2150dx

Level 2
Verified
May 4, 2014
Screen resolution 1366x768

Untitled.jpg

Firefox 53.0 (64-bit)

History>Clear recent history>Active logins (cleared)

Untitled2.jpg

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Hey! :)
I'm Currently with Emsisoft but I love Kaspersky much more and I had It before Its really good I was Kaspersky Fan And I want to be again
But There Is still No KIS 2018 English Version?
I will Just wait for that and then Switch from Emsisoft to Kaspersky.

Reactions: harlan4096

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Sure, Yes You can... or if You want to try now the new KIS2018 You can use that installer...
I kind of want to do that and use 2018
Beacuse someone said Scan speeds are much much faster Is that right?
Thats Is Importent for me and good
How you can change from RU To EN In 2018?
Thanks you are so helping bro :)
Also I do not know If to have TAM Enabled
I'm Advanced User who know what he Is doing and all my stuff on my PC Are Clean and Legit

Reactions: Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
What do you mean commercial Keys?
Beacuse I do not have a licence for Kaspersky :(
it means its a normal installer which can work with normal keys(licenses) you buy or for trial use. if you are a normal user which does not download many apps or open unknown emails(flash drives...) even windows defender is good. i change antivirus because of their technology and sophistication(as a developer and IT geek view :) ) normal user is protected even with windows defender, you have to go so deep in internet to see even one sample that we use here to test av's.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
it means its a normal installer which can work with normal keys(licenses) you buy or for trial use. if you are a normal user which does not download many apps or open unknown emails(flash drives...) even windows defender is good. i change antivirus because of their technology and sophistication(as a developer and IT geek view :) ) normal user is protected even with windows defender, you have to go so deep in internet to see even one sample that we use here to test av's.
I do not like Windows Defender
I think advanced users Should use Kaspersky or some other advanced AV
As Windows defender Is too bad for advanced users
There Is no settings there is nothing
Its Install and forget Its for novice user :)
I want right now to Install the KIS2018 But how to change the GUI To English?
And how to get the 90 days key?

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
I do not like Windows Defender
I think advanced users Should use Kaspersky or some other advanced AV
As Windows defender Is too bad for advanced users
There Is no settings there is nothing
Its Install and forget Its for novice user :)
I want right now to Install the KIS2018 But how to change the GUI To English?
And how to get the 90 days key?
the installer is english if you download from the ftp that @harlan4096 kindly shared , i'm using it on one of my main computers about 90 days i do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.