King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
About 35 secs to 1 minute bro. How to manually update drivers?

Reactions: Logethica

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I remember that I also installed AMD from Windows Update that day. I already uninstalled it with Revo yesterday, I dunno if that's the culprit.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Try slim driver. It never gives me wrong driver. But it's best to download manually from vendor sites. My computer boots time is almost same as you. when i first installed window 8 , my boot time was 15-20 seconds but after installing few regular softwares, it's boot time increases.if ur hard disk is aging like mine then u will get slow boot time.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I installed 360TS and AMD last Tuesday. Since then I'm having a slow boot up. I don't know which of those two caused the problem. BTW I uninstalled both 360TS and AMD but still have the same prob.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I installed 360TS and AMD last Tuesday. Since then I'm having a slow boot up. I don't know which of those two caused the problem. BTW I uninstalled both 360TS and AMD but still have the same prob.
Well my friend since u are facing this boot issues after the installation of the new wares i suggest u to restore your computer to previous state if u have set a restore point at which ur system was performing well. So have i tried system restore?

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Try slim driver. It never gives me wrong driver. But it's best to download manually from vendor sites. My computer boots time is almost same as you. when i first installed window 8 , my boot time was 15-20 seconds but after installing few regular softwares, it's boot time increases.if ur hard disk is aging like mine then u will get slow boot time.
My harddisk is just 1 year 9 months old, so it's not the issue. One thing that I dunno is why my PC got stuck for 30-45 secs of black screen at startup (after showing the windows 8 logo). I never experience that until I installed 360TS and AMD update but as I've said I still have that 40-sec black screen even though I removed those two softwares.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Buddy..for some reason my boot time decreased after I uninstalled adguard, with 360 TS installed...I got only 30 seconds boot time, a few days ago I decided to try adguard then I faced a black screen about 10-15 seconds, then a slow boot up to 1 minutes 20 seconds, this evening I uninstalled adguard, and know what...now my boot time back to 20-35 seconds

352heh1.jpg

You might want to reinstall your latest drivers as Koroke suggested, and if you have a plan to uninstall adguard just for the test, don't forget to create system image/snapshot/system restore before :p

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Buddy..for some reason my boot time decreased after I uninstalled adguard, with 360 TS installed...I got only 30 seconds boot time, a few days ago I decided to try adguard then I faced a black screen about 10-15 seconds, then a slow boot up to 1 minutes 20 seconds, this evening I uninstalled adguard, and know what...now my boot time back to 20-35 seconds

352heh1.jpg

You might want to reinstall your latest drivers as Koroke suggested, and if you have a plan to uninstall adguard just for the test, don't forget to create system image/snapshot/system restore before :p
Thanks bro, the black screen trimmed to 17-18 secs. But I really don't have that problem even with AdGuard since I switched to 360TS. Does enabling Bitdefender and Avira's engine affect the boot time?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.