King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Nice config. You can get 1 year license from here http://malwaretips.com/threads/zemana-antilogger-daily-giveaway-MalwareTips-com.18545/.
Thanks man, but I already joined that giveaway. :)

How WOT changed in the last year and a half? Have not used it in a while.
It's still nice, but I will probably remove it later.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Guys, should I use Online Armour Firewall or Comodo Firewall? :confused:
After reading from many a generous compilation of the teaching wisdom proffered by The Exalted MT Masters,:rolleyes: I've come to truly believe that as long as you are using your Windows Firewallo_O (It is amazingly effective on Windows 8.1) you shall need neither Online Armour nor Comodo firewalls:cool:
...as tempting as they are!:D

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
After reading from many a generous compilation of the teaching wisdom proffered by The Exahaulted MT Masters,:rolleyes: I've come to truly believe that as long as you are using your Windows Firewallo_O (It is amazingly effective on Windows 8.1) you shall need neither Online Armour nor Comodo firewalls:cool:
...as tempting as they are!:D
Oh man, I can't resist to install either of those two brother, at the same time I feel very anxious because it might ruin my PC, causing BSOD or something. Geez.. I can't really decide on this. lol :confused:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you're going to be treating Windows 8 like some XP computer... :rolleyes:, then why bother upgrading in the first place? How about using some rollback or sandboxing, or even a Standard user account.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
If you're going to be treating Windows 8 like some XP computer... :rolleyes:, then why bother upgrading in the first place? How about using some rollback or sandboxing, or even a Standard user account.
Hahaha! I like its innovation and I don't wanna waste my purchased license of Windows 8. :D

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Update:

Added: Windows Firewall Control and 360 Browser. :)

Just added WFC rather than installing third-party firewall that might cause conflicts. :)

My security setup is now stronger than Yamato Warship! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Oh man, I can't resist to install either of those two brother, at the same time I feel very anxious because it might ruin my PC, causing BSOD or something. Geez.. I can't really decide on this. lol :confused:
I think you made a smart choice (strategically) for your "stronger than Yamato Warship" going with Windows Firewall Control which sounds like you'll be able to satisfy your desire for custom settings minus the risk.:rolleyes:;) (..maybe I should check it out too!:p) What are your initial impressions of 360 browser?

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I think you made a smart choice (strategically) for your "stronger than Yamato Warship" going with Windows Firewall Control which sounds like you'll be able to satisfy your desire for custom settings minus the risk.:rolleyes:;) (..maybe I should check it out too!:p) What are your initial impressions of 360 browser?
Yeah! You should also try it man, I know you'll like it :) A very simple tool and it's easy to use. About the 360 browser, well it has a nice UI and its fast but it is just like Chrome.

actually its really good :) does what its intended to do....:) i been using it for a long time now
Thanks a lot bro! I'm really liking it! :D

S

starchild76

360 browser is fast the first couple of days ( faster tha crome ) but after the that it will start to slow down on you and i did not like the built in adblocker , because it did not do a very good job

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.