King Mellow's Layered Security 2016

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security | SecureAPlus | AppGuard | KeyScrambler Premium | AdGuard Premium | Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit | McShield Anti-Malware | Unchecky |
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware | HitmanPro | Crystal Security |
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | WOT | LastPass | Stealth Mode | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Mozilla Firefox - AdGuard | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass | ZenMate (On-Demand) |
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Wise Care 365 | Revo Uninstaller Pro | Auslogics Disk Defrag | Kerish Doctor |
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows Backup and Restore | AOMEI Backupper |

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Yeh, VodooShield must be best security soft discovery of 2016, atleast for me, NVT EXE is too much nagging and outdated, Appguard complicated and pricey, but VoodooShield seems like best meedleway and since its free, you cant bypass it
I agree, NVT is annoying sometimes, AG being so aggressive and needs more user interaction, but both are great security software. I'm starting to like VoodooShield because it's very easy to use unlike the other two. But AG at the "Locked Down' level is still the best protection I think. No applications are allowed to run from the user space unless they are added to the guarded apps.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Updated Config:

LENOVO FLEX LAPTOP (WINDOWS 10 HOME)
flex-3-112.jpg

Real-Time Protection:
Main Anti-Virus - Avast (Free)
Firewall - Windows Firewall
Firewall Tool - Windows Firewall Control
Anti-Executable - VoodooShield (Free)
Anti-Exploit - Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (Premium)
Anti-Adware/PUP - Unchecky
> Crystal Security

Secondary: Microsoft Edge
Browser Extensions:
Google Chrome - AdGuard Premium | HTTPS Everywhere | BitDefender TrafficLight | LastPass |

Disk Defragmenter:

> Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro
Software Updaters:
> Secunia PSI
Uninstaller:
> Revo Uninstaller Pro
Startup Manager:
> WinPatrol PLUS | CCleaner | Wise Care 365 Pro |
That is really good @King Mellow ! I like it, I don't have anything to add! Congrats :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
freemake comes bundled with loads of adware right? I love avast! the nitro update performs so well on my machine. I am tempted to try out norton , but relluctant to give up on avast :) nice config btw and thanks for sharing this with us all!!

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
freemake comes bundled with loads of adware right?
Yes!

I love avast! the nitro update performs so well on my machine. I am tempted to try out norton , but relluctant to give up on avast :) nice config btw and thanks for sharing this with us all!!
Actually, I reluctantly removed Avast. I then realized that Avast is much better than Webroot. Although I like Webroot (because of it's lightness) it's really hard to pass up on Avast's protection especially it's 'Hardened Mode' and 'CyberCapture'. Thanks! :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Ahhh, if i had a license for avast i would have gone another route maybe :D All MT forum talks about Hardened Mode, i might look upon it how it works, i havent used avast for years

believe me , you will like it! since the nitro update ( sorry if I keep raving on about this ) it's so unbeleavably light on the system even with all settings maxed out! it has really become a great product , and just like the king stated : the free version is addequate enough!

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
@King Mellow Great changes, I also prefer FDM to EagleGet. It is really faster and stable ;)
I agree, it's really faster than EG! :) EagleGet is very buggy lately. :(

Tha same here! :D I removed WSA because of license expired and I installed Avast Free HM flagged on aggressive.
Boost your protection! ;)
The only downside is the UI and also the unnecessary components/tools. But overall it's great! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.