D

Deleted member 178

Installing it, very light on system, since it is a Chinese cloud AV we can tell that they have a huge userbase not saying the western users.
 

LoftedAphid86

New Member
umbrapolaris said:
Installing it, very light on system, since it is a Chinese cloud AV we can tell that they have a huge userbase not saying the western users.
Since it is a cloud AV, it should be light.
I've always wondered how Chinese security companies could possibly have a high detection rate if half of the internet is blocked by the Great Firewall, unless they are all based in Hong Kong.
 
D

Deleted member 178

elliotcroft said:
I've always wondered how Chinese security companies could possibly have a high detection rate if half of the internet is blocked by the Great Firewall, unless they are all based in Hong Kong.
No, chinese Gov only block and filter sites that may "criticize" or allow dissident to express their view against them, the rest is open.
 

Malware1

New Member
Final version

Download:
Code:
http://softdl.pcdoctor.kingsoft.com/version/kav_setup.exe
The program is not compatible with antiviruses with VIPRE engine!
 

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Kingsoft AV Free 2012 SP4.0 Released - [26th July]

What's new?
1. Vul Fix - Check system vulnerabilities and update latest patches, to prevent potiential risks like exploiting and hijacking from hackers and other attacks.
2. Engine updated - Fix engine issue (Oops! message) when start scanning, support couple of new threats of invalid startup.
3. Fix bug of installing chinese package when choosing "reinstall to fix errors" on Uinstall Wizard.
3. Other minor bugs fix.
Kingsoft Forums (and direct download link)
 

kslogan

New Member
Hi 'Earth

Thanks for bringing news of Kingsoft Antivirus 2012. We always try to fix bugs/fp as soon as possible.

BTW, we also hate stupid Great firewall, but luckily, our server is not located in China :D

Earth said:
Kingsoft AV Free 2012 SP4.0 Released - [26th July]

What's new?
1. Vul Fix - Check system vulnerabilities and update latest patches, to prevent potiential risks like exploiting and hijacking from hackers and other attacks.
2. Engine updated - Fix engine issue (Oops! message) when start scanning, support couple of new threats of invalid startup.
3. Fix bug of installing chinese package when choosing "reinstall to fix errors" on Uinstall Wizard.
3. Other minor bugs fix.
Kingsoft Forums (and direct download link)
 
P

Plexx

Good to see Kingsoft fixing and improving their product.

Out of curiosity where are the servers located?
 
G

Guest28

how is the kingsoft beta has it's detection improved at all? I am thinking about giving it a try.
 

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
It's no longer a Beta product. Kingsoft AV 2012 is Final (SP4.0). Give it a go.

Not compatible with VIPRE engine.

ryan said:
how is the kingsoft beta has it's detection improved at all? I am thinking about giving it a try.
 

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Something interesting:

Full Download (Local Virus Lib Integrated)
http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=862

The KAV full installer contains Avira engine,right?
http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=865
 
P

Plexx

Still a bit skeptical on this product but hey I would use this one over Outpost...