KIS 18 - Install Certificate

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55778
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Thread author
With the KIS 18 version, I cannot install the certificate (Encrypted Connections Advanced Settings) and therefore keep getting the "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" message.

This is very annoying, please help!

v.maroz

Level 1
Aug 20, 2017
Install the certificate Kaspersky Lab. manually into the browser.
1) For Google Chrome
To do this, locate the certificate on the computer by c: \ ProgramData \ Kaspersky \ AVP18.0.0 \ Data \ Cert \ (fake) Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer, and then in the Settings -> Advanced settings, in the HTTPS section / SSL, click the Configure Certificates button.
To install the certificate, click on the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" tab and click the "Import ..." button
2) For Mozilla Firefox
In the Mozilla Firefox menu (at the top right - three horizontal lines) click "Settings - Additional - View certificates - Certification authorities". Then click "Import", in the opened window select the file "C: \ ProgramData \ Kaspersky Lab \ AVP18.0.0 \ Data \ Cert \ (fake) Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer). Install it by checking the "Trust when checking sites" checkbox.

Reactions: harlan4096

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I tried the above, but still get the message: "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" on 3 different Windows 10 PCs running KIS 18.0.0.45(c) and Google Chrome.

Any other ideas?

@harlan4096

Last edited:

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
been there done all that , same issue , uninstalled Kaspersky :)

I feel you. I have been fighting with this for awhile now. Everything else works fine, but this. Happened in 2017 also. Bad thing is, I just bought a 3 year license. Anyway, it may be related to Chrome.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I was also facing the same issue. Tried everything but did not go away. Then I added an exclusion in web antivirus protection component for the websites in addition to the encrypted connections option. For 1 day the message did not come. just hope it doesn't come again.

Reactions: XhenEd

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
hi!

I had on my mac some problems with certifcates but there were from my antivirus, kaspersky.
Solution:
- uninstall kaspersky
- uninstall firefox(if you had installed first)
- restart if asking
- install firefox
- install kaspersky

All good after this.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.