KIS 18 - Install Certificate

Discussion in 'Kaspersky' started by Tairan, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Tairan

Tairan Level 3

Oct 1, 2016
    Dayton, OH
    With the KIS 18 version, I cannot install the certificate (Encrypted Connections Advanced Settings) and therefore keep getting the "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" message.

This is very annoying, please help!
  2. v.maroz

v.maroz Level 1

Aug 20, 2017
    Windows 10
    Install the certificate Kaspersky Lab. manually into the browser.
    1) For Google Chrome
    To do this, locate the certificate on the computer by c: \ ProgramData \ Kaspersky \ AVP18.0.0 \ Data \ Cert \ (fake) Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer, and then in the Settings -> Advanced settings, in the HTTPS section / SSL, click the Configure Certificates button.
    To install the certificate, click on the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" tab and click the "Import ..." button
    2) For Mozilla Firefox
    In the Mozilla Firefox menu (at the top right - three horizontal lines) click "Settings - Additional - View certificates - Certification authorities". Then click "Import", in the opened window select the file "C: \ ProgramData \ Kaspersky Lab \ AVP18.0.0 \ Data \ Cert \ (fake) Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer). Install it by checking the "Trust when checking sites" checkbox.
    harlan4096 likes this.
  3. motox781

motox781 Level 5

Apr 1, 2015
    Windows 10
    #3 motox781, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    I tried the above, but still get the message: "Cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established" on 3 different Windows 10 PCs running KIS and Google Chrome.

Any other ideas?

4. Warrior

Warrior Level 4

Sep 2, 2014
    been there done all that , same issue , uninstalled Kaspersky :)
  5. motox781

motox781 Level 5

Apr 1, 2015
    Windows 10
    I feel you. I have been fighting with this for awhile now. Everything else works fine, but this. Happened in 2017 also. Bad thing is, I just bought a 3 year license. Anyway, it may be related to Chrome.
  6. Dhruv2193

Dhruv2193 Level 3

Nov 7, 2016
    Windows 10
    I was also facing the same issue. Tried everything but did not go away. Then I added an exclusion in web antivirus protection component for the websites in addition to the encrypted connections option. For 1 day the message did not come. just hope it doesn't come again.
    XhenEd likes this.
  7. Paul.R

Paul.R Level 7

May 16, 2013

I had on my mac some problems with certifcates but there were from my antivirus, kaspersky.
    - uninstall kaspersky
    - uninstall firefox(if you had installed first)
    - restart if asking
    - install firefox
    - install kaspersky

All good after this.
    harlan4096 likes this.