Hello friends, I am wondering that the websites like

Code:
hxxp://malc0de.com/database/

and
Code:
hxxp://www.malwaredomainlist.com/mdl.php
contain really malware samples?

I used to download some exe's from their sites and test/play with my AV :D

I use KIS 2012 and just came around a typical sample..

The jotti scan with that sample confirmed it as a malware even by KIS, but it isn't detected in my system and KIS says its a clean file... :huh:

Jotto scan results

Edited: Earth

I

illumination

Process name: VNC-Server
Application using this process: RealVNC Ltd
Process author: RealVNC Ltd

The file winvnc.exe is a component of the Virtual Network Computing or VNC application protocol from RealVNC Ltd. RealVNC which is mainly an application for the client and server sides' network provides a control protocol that allows a user to gain via remote access another computer's desktop.

ThreatExpert Statistics

Please note: This file is not always a threat.

D

Deleted member 178

VNC (ultra VNC and other VNC ) are remote control apps that MAY be used in bad ways...but they are not malwares themselves.

I

illumination

umbrapolaris said:
VNC (ultra VNC and other VNC ) are remote control apps that MAY be used in bad ways...but they are not malwares themselves.

Kinda what i was trying to say, but it's all about the wording... ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It depends cause if the application was performing a suspicious behavior like the malicious one then a pop up will come.

I

illumination

jamescv7 said:
It depends cause if the application was performing a suspicious behavior like the malicious one then a pop up will come.

That is why i put
Please note: This file is not always a threat.

umbrapolaris is quite correct, the file itself is not malicious, it is how it is used that can be!

D

Deleted member 178

VNC was used in my school but i managed to get the password (i challenged my teacher that i could have his password) so it becomes a malware in my hand since i can access any computers in the network and do everything i wanted.

VNC was modified to be able to run in a invisible mode (no tray icon,etc...) but i forgot the name, it was a well-known trojan alongside subseven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.