Advice Request kis21.3.10.391en_es_26460 cannot be used to banking anymore

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
We are several who have Kaspersky Internet Security installed on both win 10 and win 8.1. on different machines.

Everything has worked great for over a year now, but then came the new version: kis21.3.10.391nb_26045 and after installing this, login to online banking no longer works with either the English or Norwegian version when using BankID.

Has anyone experienced this and perhaps found a solution? Kaspersky cannot find out why, even after many weeks, so now we are stuck. :mad::mad:

Reactions: Nevi

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Try adding the URL to Encrypted Connections Exclusions/Trusted addresses:

1620667718628.png

Did You report it to Kaspersky Support?

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
Thank you, I will try this.
Try adding the URL to Encrypted Connections Exclusions/Trusted addresses:

View attachment 257929

Did You report it to Kaspersky Support?
Yes, I've talked to them on the phone many times and sent them pictures of what's going on. I have followed all their instructions, but still, problems are there. Kaspersky knows that this has affected several of my friends computers, my daughters and 2 of my PCs. This only happens with the new version, and I could still use the old one before, but now it auto updates so I cannot do anything. Kaspersky will log on to my PC when I use my login to the bank, but of course I say no. The problem is not my PCs since many machines are affected by the same thing and I ask them to fix the program but they say no they can not do this. I tried your possible solution, but unfortunately it did not work.

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
Can You post the URL of the bank? Did You also try disabling Anti-Banner and Private Browsing modules?
This is the latest reply from Kaspersky:
We have created a bug for the issue. The bug number is 4876383.

Out testlab will try to reproduce the issue, but please understand that the issue can be resolved faster in case of collecting data on customer's system.

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
This is what I got from Kaspersky yesterday: The ticket is now assigned to our developers and working towards resolution. Due to the severity of the issue, which means affecting multiple users, they can't provide an estimated time of resolution. We will send you an email immediately once our devs provide one.

What I did not like about the conversation I had with Kaspersky was, when I said I have to use another AV program when I go to online banking, I got the answer that then I could just turn off the whole Kaspersky, finish in the bank and then turn on again Kaspersky. This is ridiculous, it is when you go online banking that you absolutely need to be protected.

One of Kaspersky's selling points is precisely the security of online login using a bank's website in Protected Browser. When Kaspersky recommends that I turn off the entire program, the whole point of Kaspersky is gone.

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
Kaspersky has not yet fixed the bug so I can use online banking, and I contacted them again. I asked if I could stop updating my program to the latest version while waiting for the bug to be fixed, but that I could still receive virus definitions anyway.

The technician said yes, and sent me instructions on how to do this and I followed it. After a few minutes, my version updated to the latest anyway, and I contacted a technician at Kaspersky again. I asked why this happened when I could stop an update.

I got the answer: sorry you got this message, but the latest version is a forced update to fix many bugs. There I sat and had to reverse all the work. They also told me that I could switch provider that has another antivirus program, and I think I should do this. It turns out that Kaspersky constantly has some mistakes that can have a big impact, and that may be why I got this message. :mad:

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
This I got today.

"Dear customer,

Greetings,

My name is xxxxx and I'll be happy to assist you on this ticket. I apologize for the inconvenience that you're having.

Unfortunately there is no option to prevent Kaspersky from updating the program. This is because our developers have deemed that regularly upgrading our products to the latest versions is necessary to keep the effectiveness of the security they provide.

Regarding the bug, reset assured our developers are working to fix it and the solution will be sent out as an update.

We remain at your disposal for further assistance.

Have a good day.
xxxxx | Technical Support Representative"

While I wait for Kaspersky to repair the hole in the boat, we sink.

New

The incompetence has no end. This is Kaspersky's ability to fix a serious bug so customers can use their program:

Dear customer,

I appreciate the patience you have shown. My apologies for the delay.

We've just received a reply from our Escalation Team with the following information.

The fix of this issue is expected to be release in our MR4 version of our application. The MR4 version is expected to be released some time in Autumn.
:'(
:'(
:ouch:
:ouch:

This one came too.

Again, Kaspersky can do nothing. I was told that a temporary fix was available now, and I was just going to uninstall the temporary program I am using, reinstall kaspersky, and then everything would work while I wait for a final fix. What happened, nothing, the fix did not work either and I ask, who will use a program from a company that can not fix the program so that it can be used securely when using online banking?

This is the mail from Kaspersky:

Dear customer,

I appreciate the patience you have shown. My apologies for the delay.

We've just received a reply from our Escalation Team with the following information.

We have released a temporary fixed in our database. Please update your Kaspersky database and the program will be fixed.
:mad:
:mad:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
So, it is (temporary) fixed now after a database update and fully fixed in the new version MR4 released some time in Autumn.
Can you confirm that it is fixed now for you?

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
So, it is (temporary) fixed now after a database update and fully fixed in the new version MR4 released some time in Autumn.
Can you confirm that it is fixed now for you?

I was told that a temporary fix was available now, and I was just going to uninstall the temporary program I am using, reinstall kaspersky, and then everything would work while I wait for a final fix.

What happened, nothing, the fix did not work either and I ask, who will use a program from a company that can not fix the program so that it can be used securely when using online banking?

grenbo

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 14, 2017
I'm testing KSaaS2021MR4 beta (for now They released 2 public betas)... seems this version will bring many changes in GUI, but I doubt will take so many months (until Autumn?) to release 🤔
I hope you are right, but as long as Kaspersky say that it will not be finished before autumn, It might be the most accurate answer they have given me so far.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.