Real-time security
HitmanPro.Alert / Voodooshield Pro
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
EMSISOFT EEK
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox w/ Bitwarden/uBlock Origin/ForgetmeNot(Cookie/Local Storage/etc Cleaner)/Decentraleyes/Privacy Possum
Maintenance tools
CopyQ(Clipboard Manger)/Glasswire Eite/W10Privacy/XYplorer(File Manager Replacement)
File and Photo backup
Arq Backup using Google Cloud Storage
System recovery
Terabyte's Image for Windows
I've been using it for decades now, rock solid.
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Custom Built MSI GT63 8RF TITAN-047 w/32GB of ram
GTX 1070

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Fantastic setup. 2 out of 3 aspects are covered, Firewall & Anti.exe w/ HPA. Could add Emsisoft to browser, however this may not be needed due to VoodooShield.

~LDogg

kleptomaniak

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 12, 2018
@kleptomaniak - BTW, how you like Searx? :unsure: I have not seen much mention of it here on the forum.

I've been using it for sometime, I really like it especially the feature set but it has a couple annoying quirks that pop up at times. You can set up your own searx instance or use others servers. I like it much better than Startingpage or DDG. I'd use DDG as my default if their time based searches were accurate and if they dropped Yahoo.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.