Status
Not open for further replies.

KokoKid

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
I don't take good care of my PC lol xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koko's Rescue Disk

Credit in making this goes to @BoraMurdar!
Make your own at Bora's Fix Tools!

1-1-png.26157

A bootable USB created with YUMI containing:
Hiren's Boot CD
MiniTool Partition Master
Avast Rescue Disk
Kaspersky Rescue Disk
AOMEI Backupper
Windows Defender Offline
MiniTool Parition Wizard
Lazersoft Recovery
Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 setup ISO's.
A folder containing a extensive list of tools below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extensive list of tools

If something ever happens, these tools will be running in Hiren's Boot CD MiniXP
DMSC8Iy.png

Mlu8zUa.png

Operating System:

Windows 10 Pro Laptop TH2
Architecture:

64-bit (x64)
User Access Control:

Always Notify
Last malware infection:

More than a year ago
Malware Samples and Phishing sites:

• Yes, I download Malware samples
  • Yes, I visit Phishing sites
Number of users for this PC:

• Single user account (Private)
  • All user accounts are password-protected
Real-Time Protection:

Avast Premier 2016
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium)
HitmanPro.Alert (Trial)
Unchecky
On-demand scanners:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Hitman Pro (Trial)
Privacy and Optimisation:

CCleaner
Sandboxie
VMware
Backup and Recovery:

AOMEI Backupper Proffessional with weekly backups.
Web Browser:

Google Chrome AND Mozilla Firefox
Ads and Trackers:

Block both Ads and Trackers
Password Manager and Form Filler:

Third-party Password Manager (encrypted)
Addons, Extensions and Plugins:

uBlock, Avast Online Safety, LastPass, Web of Trust
Other Software:

CCleaner, Sandboxie, Unchecky, VMware, f.lux

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 1:
  • Changed AVG to Avast Premier (Better detection ratio IMO)
  • Removed AVG Tuneup, added disk defragmentation pro and EaseUS partition master.
  • Added backup solution (AOMEI Backupper Free, every 3 days = 1 backup!)
  • Changed Adblocker plus to uBlock,
  • Added Sandboxie, and Unchecky.
  • Debating whether or not to replace VirtualBox with VMware.
EDIT 2:
  • Changed VirtualBox with VMware station Pro 12
  • Added f.lux, (Had this forever, it's awesome!)
EDIT 3:
EDIT 4:
  • Added Lazersoft Recovery to YUMI Boot Menu Rescue Disk
  • Added MiniTool Partition Wizard to YUMI Boot Menu Rescue Disk :)
EDIT 4: Added a handful of things including: Hitman Pro (Trial), Zemana Anti-Logger (Free) as well as polishing up this thread :)

Edit 5:
  • Removed Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
  • Added Hitman Pro.Alert
So far its great! Trying it out for a while :)

EDIT: Clean Installed Windows 10. New config, less bloated! Old config in spolier!

I removed several things that I don't normally use, such as VMware Workstation 12, Sandboxie, and Malwarebytes Premium (Licence ran out.) I also stopped downloading malware samples and stopped visiting phishing sites, so there is no need to have VMWorkstation 12. Sandboxie TBH I never used, and probobly never will. Malwarebytes stays as an On Demand Scanner.

As an result from a clean install, I am noticing a reasonable amount of speed boost. Computer boot time went from around 4min~ to 2min~ (My PC is old..)

I will be dual booting Windows 10 with Windows 10. Wait! Let me explain! So one Windows 10 version will simply be for school and looking up youtube videos, checking the forum, etc. Bascially a productivity OS. This one will have the secured config above. The other will be ONLY for gaming, with no other programs except for Steam, f.lux, and (maybe) HitmanPro.Alert. Nothing else will be on that computer. (Not even main AV, not needed, as I will only be downloading games from Steam) I think this will be best for increased performance and no other programs slowing down my PC :)
-------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY COMPUTER!
Samsung Series 7 Chronos
-----------------------------------------------

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

MY DESKTOP :)
LdVxleL.jpg

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MBAE with AVG is fine
I would use MBAM Premium as on demand scanner along with one or two more
Some type of backup as suggested above
CCleaner would be enough I would not renew AVG Tune UP
Thanks for sharing your config!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @KokoKid, your avatar Cat-In-The-Hat reflection gave me pause for thought which, in turn, brought me to realize he must have had a good upbringing!:p

Now, if (as you've said) you "..don't take good care of (your) PC", perhaps you can begin with us. CCleaner, (imho) is a smart & effective privacy software.;)
Here are some other tips.:)

In order to set cookie and site data permissions for greater privacy:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  5. In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings to
    block cookies:
    • You'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
    • Block only third-party cookies: Select the "Block third-party cookies and site data" checkbox. Even if you've added a site to the Exceptions list and have chosen to allow its cookies, the site's third-party cookies won't be accepted if this checkbox is selected.
    • Additionally, although "Incognito" may not make you invisible, it is another method of reducing the level with which we are all tracked.:)
An extension called Lastpass www.lastpass.com provides a safely secure approach (I prefer) over Chrome's password managing tool. LastPass uses 256 bit AES (advanced encryption security) as well as generating more secure passwords. You can read more about it & click <get free> to download.

Finally, using a virtual environment is an effective way of protecting & taking good care of your PC!

What many, including myself, use is called Virtual Box. A good description is published on Softpedia.
Another site to read more about & download it free is directly from it's developer Oracle VM VirtualBox

Thank you for sharing your configuration & for patiently reading all the way down here to this point from above!:rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may have those on demand scanners but reserve to your flash drive and use for any untoward incidents.

You may safely execute those dangerous samples by using Sandboxie on your system as alternative to VM.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
Hello @KokoKid,

In order to set cookie and site data permissions for greater privacy:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  5. In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings to
    block cookies:
    • You'll see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
    • Block only third-party cookies: Select the "Block third-party cookies and site data" checkbox. Even if you've added a site to the Exceptions list and have chosen to allow its cookies, the site's third-party cookies won't be accepted if this checkbox is selected.
    • Additionally, although "Incognito" may not make you invisible, it is another method of reducing the level with which we are all tracked.:)
He'll have problems with that but thanks for sharing.
I love cats! well I love animal in general :rolleyes:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I know what a virtual box is xD
I'd hoped you might, and mentioned it just to be on the safe side!;)
He'll have problems with that but thanks for sharing.
I love cats! well I love animal in general :rolleyes:
Our cats would probably love you too! That is, once (2) of the four realized their lives were not in jeopardy.:rolleyes::p
It appears member KokoKid is also a cat with a keen mind beneath his hat too!:D

KokoKid

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
I'd hoped you might, and mentioned it just to be on the safe side!;)

Our cats would probably love you too! That is, once (2) of the four realized their lives were not in jeopardy.:rolleyes::p
It appears member KokoKid is also a cat with a keen mind beneath his hat too!:D
Haha I just looked into my desktop for quotes and this was the best one I could find haha

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
Good config! I would add herdProtect as an on-demand scanner for more opinions just to make sure that nothing passed AVG and Malwarebytes unnoticed since you do play around with malware, just know that it might have false positives but it will pretty much detect anything bad which is worth the FPs in my opinion. Also, you should check out uBlock Origin, it's pretty much adblock plus with better performance. :) And lastly I just wanted to say I love your avatar and it's quote very much! :D

KokoKid

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
Good config! I would add herdProtect as an on-demand scanner for more opinions just to make sure that nothing passed AVG and Malwarebytes unnoticed since you do play around with malware, just know that it might have false positives but it will pretty much detect anything bad which is worth the FPs in my opinion. Also, you should check out uBlock Origin, it's pretty much adblock plus with better performance. :) And lastly I just wanted to say I love your avatar and it's quote very much! :D
Thanks, will test out herdProtect and uBlock! :)

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

KokoKid

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
  • Removed AVG Tuneup, added disk defragmentation pro and EaseUS partition master.
  • Debating whether or not to replace VirtualBox with VMware
I am also thinking of a low-resource on demand scanner, please let me know if you have one!

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
  • Debating whether or not to replace VirtualBox with VMware
I am also thinking of a low-resource on demand scanner, please let me know if you have one!

I would change to VMware it gives better performance on most systems :)

For On-Demand maybe Emsisoft Emergenky Kit or the god ol Malwarebytes Free should be an option, or Zemana Anti-Malware without
Real-Time.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
VMware Workstation is always a good choice, the free version is fine but you need to follow the trick upon snapshots per implemention of being limited.

Also VMware issues are lesser compare to Virtualbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.