Koko's Security Setup

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Remove superantispyware en Spybot anti spyware and replace with zemana anti malware and emsisoft emergency kit add https everywhere ublock origin to your browsers as security adons Thanks for sharing your config with us! :) Sorry geen ublock origin , je hebt adguard al. I would replace iobit products with auslogics defrag free and wisecare 365 free because of their shady mbam sigs past!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable UAC & Smartscreen
I agree that KTS is more than enough and update to 2017 if you have not done so already.
I would remove SAS & Spybot in favor of some better on demand options such as Zemana Antimalware,ESET Online Scanner,HMP,EEK
Thanks for sharing your config :)

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
I will remove SAS and Spybot, and turn on smartscreen, but I find UAC popup's very annoying :/

Thanks for everyone's input!

Reactions: frogboy

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I will remove SAS and Spybot, and turn on smartscreen, but I find UAC popup's very annoying :/

Thanks for everyone's input!
if you find UAC annoying, you can use this registry tweak
http://www.eightforums.com/attachme...nge-settings-windows-8-a-uac_never_notify.reg

this will prevent many processes to get elevated instead of everything with UAC completely off

consider replacing MBAM or just removing it. Use reason core should be good against PUPs. I think zemana is still one of the best against PUPs

Reactions: Logethica and koko

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Yeah, I am considering replacing MBAM with Zemana, but I don't know the product. Anyway, MBAM does seem to have lost its power through the years.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone see some improvements ?
- Enable User Access Control to Default
See: Why You Should Not Turn off UAC
In-depth: Why UAC is important and how it can protect you

- Enable Windows Smartscreen to On
Uses minimal resources, non-intrusive, notifies user before running unsafe applications.
See: How the SmartScreen Filter Works in Windows 8 and 10
Browser Tests Show Microsoft Edge Is More Secure than Google Chrome and Firefox

Do you use the Premium version of Reason Core Security?

koko

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
- Enable User Access Control to Default
See: Why You Should Not Turn off UAC
In-depth: Why UAC is important and how it can protect you

- Enable Windows Smartscreen to On
Uses minimal resources, non-intrusive, notifies user before running unsafe applications.
See: How the SmartScreen Filter Works in Windows 8 and 10
Browser Tests Show Microsoft Edge Is More Secure than Google Chrome and Firefox

Do you use the Premium version of Reason Core Security?

I have now turned on smartscreen and UAC.(based on all the posts on this post)

I am not using the premium version because I only need the bundle protection from Reason Core. I use MBAM as second real time, but I am thinking about it to switch to Zemana Anti Logger Premium.

P

PEllis

It's 2016, you can trust IObit. Also, if you paid for their products, you may as well keep them.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Pretty good config. Only change I'd make is add a snapshot tool (RollBack Rx or Comodo Time Machine) as a way of filling in those days between your weekly backups. You sometimes don't realize how important a daily snapshot can be.

Reactions: koko

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: JM Safe and koko

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.