Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I am really satisfied. It feels fast and has a wide collection of servers. It doesn't have WireGuard as it uses its own protocol:I see that you use Adguard VPN, your opinion on it ?
Wireguard ?
Developer informed me he has no time to maintain this extension.+ added Trace (Premium version)
Thanks for letting me know. He already said that in the past but continued updating it some weeks after. Will keep experimenting a bit and probably go back to uBlock Origin or AdGuard v. 4 anyway.Developer informed me he has no time to maintain this extension.
This is another "one man show" extension that will disappear with MV3, if Google actually rolls it out.
- removed Privacy Badger
Yup, most trackers got already blocked by either Firefox with Strict mode, uBlock Origin or NextDNS. No need for another extension I guess.What's the reason? uBlockO makes it probably redundant?
I got a discount for Sophos. Well, I would lie if I said that it offers the best protection out there, but it's solid after all. I am currently testing Sophos on my VM too and I can say that it's really strong in detecting malicious PE-files with it's ML-engine. It still has problems with malicious scripts, but as I have it covered with SWH that isn't a problem. I mainly use it because of it's anti-exploit capabilites, Safe Browsing, Keystroke Encryption and risk-reduction protections. Performance-wise it is meh. As I got decent hardware it isn't really a problem for me, but for people with older PC's it might be a problem. Lastly I can say that it's really stable without any bugs as far as I am aware. Just try the trial if you are interested, I think that's the best way of finding out if it's crippling your PC or not.@SecureKongo did you get a free or discounted license for Sophos? How is it performing?
The last time I trialed it was heavy for my low-budget laptop with i3 8GB RAM. Good to hear your experience with it. Thanks!Just try the trial if you are interested, I think that's the best way of finding out if it's crippling your PC or not.![]()
- removed ESET Online Scanner
+ added Firewall Hardening
+ enabled Microsoft Defender shedule scans
Link for Firewall Hardening please ?![]()
Quad9 is great. I used it for my entire home network.- changed from 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) to 9.9.9.9 (Quad9) system-wide (still using NextDNS for my browser)
Why have you changed it?- changed from 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) to 9.9.9.9 (Quad9) system-wide (still using NextDNS for my browser)
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.