Hi this is my security config
I am interested in learning abt computer security
Feedback welcome;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Iobit Malware Fighter? There are a lot of better security solutions avalaible on the web (Avast Free, Avira Free, VoodooShield Free, Kaspersky Free, etc.)

Why OS File Reputation disabled?

Add MalwareBytes Free.

Add uBlock Origin.

Add CCleaner Free.

Backups?

Thanks for sharing.

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

-Change your real-time protection to some reliable products. I don't think iobit and zemana going to help you.
-Upgrade to latest windows version if you can ( Windows 10 )
-Use a adblocker to improve browsing performance and security.
-Add a password manager - I'm sure you need one ( if you use more than 3 passwords )
-backup your data

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First of all please fill all the fields as this is incomplete.
Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10?
You could eliminate IObit Malware fighter and add a free AV such as AVAST.
If you have Zemana running in real time it is not an on demand scanner and you should consider adding an on demand scanner(s).
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere,uBlock Origin & Privacy Badger in Chrome.
As for everything else such as system utilities,Password manager,system & data backups we have no way of knowing until you edit your config and make it complete.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
please don't tell me you rely on IOBIT... Install a proper av either free or paid like AVG AVAST AVIRA or anything else ( only one av)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.