Advice Request KSC Free can't detect eicar test file

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017

Attachments

• sett.PNG
    sett.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 231
L

Local Host

So what? It is harmless.

Alerting to Eicar is quite simple. It is a meaningless excursion.
Means his suite is not working, which is exactly why EICAR exists, to test your AV.

If Kaspersky is unable to block EICAR on his PC, it won't block any malware.

I also tested around my house, and Kaspersky detected EICAR with no issues, there's clearly a problem on OP build.

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Use the options monitor all ports and scan all encrypted connections and run the test again with the browsers restarted.

It's not worked but i found the solution (or source of problem). My router (Asus RT-AX55) uses "Air Protection" by Trend Micro. I turned off this service in my router and now kaspersky working fine.

Thank you everyone that you tried to help me!

L

Local Host

Does Kaspersky actually say this? If so, fine. Otherwise, an assumption. There are several malware protection programs that ignore Eicar. It is so 1990s.
EICAR is an industry standard test for testing if your suite is working correctly, is far from outdated.

Is not supposed to diagnose if your AV will catch all virus, but to see if the AV and it's components are working correctly.
It's not worked but i found the solution (or source of problem). My router (Asus RT-AX55) uses "Air Protection" by Trend Micro. I turned off this service in my router and now kaspersky working fine.

Thank you everyone that you tried to help me!
Glad you managed to solve the issue.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.