Advice Request KSC Free Warning I get as of today.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Okay, this is very odd ... in my opinion that is?

I have been using Simple DNSCrypt together with KSC Free For almost a year and never did I get a warning. That is till today, when I booted my PC today I got this warning? ( I keep getting it with each time I restart my PC. )

fhB8TgL.jpg

From what I can tell myself Simple DNSCrypt continues to work, but still KSC Free keeps giving me that warning every time I reboot? I tried setting it in the exclusion section of KSC Free, but then KSC keeps asking for the password for KLAdmin? ( Which I do not know!? ) Trying to add a new password protection by myself does not seem to work either, which is freaking weird because I could before KSC Free updated a while ago?

So at the moment I have no idea how to handle or fix this.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
That is clearly an error for "SSL invalid certificate" so looks like something is broken on Simple DNSCrypt.

I'm also a user of KSC free on my PC, I have seen similar warnings (SSL invalid certificate) even on browsing the web...

You can open a ticket on Kaspersky Support Forum and report about this issue...

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
It is Manage Exclusions (my picture is from the upcoming K2021MR3 currently in beta and maybe some options changed of same)...
Ah I see, well a Moderator on the Kaspersky Community Forums linked me to the same page as you did, so it is time to reboot in safe mode and use that tool. And then save my new password on my external harddrive so that I do not forget / loose it again.

@silversurfer

Thank you after following the password reset I will try that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.