Advice Request KTS or KSC to purchase?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I am about to purchase another license for Kaspersky. I currently have KTS. I use the other features such as Backup and Encryption. I don't use Parental Controls.

My question:

Should I buy KSC (instead of KTS)? I was wondering if Kaspersky is moving towards making KSC the new top tier?

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I think its safe to say ,that Kaspersky is the best,if you are suggesting artificial intelligence? Maybe this is worth a look..
At the end of the day,A good backup program,is just as important as your Av and or extras( external)

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I think its safe to say ,that Kaspersky is the best,if you are suggesting artificial intelligence? Maybe this is worth a look..
At the end of the day,A good backup program,is just as important as your Av and or extras( external)

Hey Dave, I guess I should have worded it better. I was wondering if I should buy KTS or KSC? (main reason I'm questioning my purchase of the two: if KSC would be the new top tier program for Kaspersky moving forward, hence making KTS a little more on the back burner).

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
KSC paid (personal or family), specially the second is focused in home users who wants to control all the devices at home, about security KSC has the same security modules as KIS/KTS, on security in general it does not depends more on cloud compared to KIS/KTS but in the question of management, also some additional features are available such as device inspector (check devices connected to network), etc.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
KSC is a bit better than KTS, but while I managed to get a license with 660 days (almost 2 years) for KTS for 3 devices for as little as 8€ on eBay... U won't be able to find similar deals for KSC (for now).
For me it's not worth the extra money, but this is just my opinion ofc

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Actually I have the same doubt as I have to renew my licenses next year and I'm starting to look at my options. Central management seems interesting. The 20 devices license is interesting as well. I just would like to know why it's the only product i can't acquire a longer than 1 year license in my country.

I'd like to be more complete as Bitdefender's Central that will tell me what was blocked in each computer, where it came from and when it was blocked but there is time to improve.

L

Local Host

Actually I have the same doubt as I have to renew my licenses next year and I'm starting to look at my options. Central management seems interesting. The 20 devices license is interesting as well. I just would like to know why it's the only product i can't acquire a longer than 1 year license in my country.

I'd like to be more complete as Bitdefender's Central that will tell me what was blocked in each computer, where it came from and when it was blocked but there is time to improve.
Since you wanna manage multiple devices from a control point, KSC is the option for you, however for OP it was a bad choice, is simply not worth it to pay extra for niche features.

Is sad the majorly of Anti-Virus companies are now shifting towards bloating their Software, rather than focus on improving Malware Protection and overall Performance.

Is even more sad how reviewers praise companies for bloating their Software, and judge those who keep it simple like they should.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Since you wanna manage multiple devices from a control point, KSC is the option for you, however for OP it was a bad choice, is simply not worth it to pay extra for niche features.

Is sad the majorly of Anti-Virus companies are now shifting towards bloating their Software, rather than focus on improving Malware Protection and overall Performance.

Is even more sad how reviewers praise companies for bloating their Software, and judge those who keep it simple like they should.

My father-in-law and the kids need monitoring 😁

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.