Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
because the antiransomware function of ESET is not that good, I can recommend you to install 1 of these 2
- kaspersky antiransomware tool
- appcheck antiransomware

these work silently and won't interfere with your work unlike VS and UAC max or ESET with interactive HIPS. They consume a little resource. I run appcheck with avast on my 1Gb RAM desktop

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
Since you have limited RAM (I only have 4gb, so I can relate) I would consider giving Windows Defender a trail run.
I recommend this because you said you've not faced a recent attack, indicating to me you are a knowledgeable user.

*And remember in 1703 you can adjust settings to allow apps from Windows store only. Essentially acting as a anti .exe for you.

However if you wish to continue with ESET it is certainly a excellent AV by any standard.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Since you have limited RAM (I only have 4gb, so I can relate) I would consider giving Windows Defender a trail run.
I recommend this because you said you've not faced a recent attack, indicating to me you are a knowledgeable user.

*And remember in 1703 you can adjust settings to allow apps from Windows store only. Essentially acting as a anti .exe for you.

However if you wish to continue with ESET it is certainly a excellent AV by any standard.
Nothing wrong with what you're saying, but if he has already bought the Eset license, it is better he enjoys it :)

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Secure Windows 10 config! I would stay with what is working for you.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: hirudora56
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.