Advanced Plus Security L0ckJaw - New Laptop Config 2022

Last updated
Jun 6, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
G DATA Total Security
Simple Windows Hardening 2.0
Device firewall
Custom security settings
Ooshutup 10++ recommended Changes
Periodic malware scanners
NPE
Kaspersky
Emsisoft
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge
G DATA browsing protectiob
Adblock Plus
Bitwarden
Decentraleyes
Secure DNS
No ---- > 24/7 VPN
Desktop VPN
Private Internet Access
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Manually
Hibit Uninstaller
Ccleaner
File and photo backups
Onedrive premium
Macrium Reflect ( full automated backups )
System recovery
Onedrive with Malware Protection
Macrium Reflect ( Full automated backup )
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
Macsim ( China brand, made by Asus )
Intel N5095
Intel GPU600 4K
12GB RAM
512GB M2 SSD
Notable changes
Add Macrium Reflect.
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Who would laugh? It's just your choice. I just wonder why you changed from BD to G-DATA.
Both of them offers best security in the industry and in my old laptop, G-DATA was more sluggish.
After reading the privacy rules of BD, they are not clear. They gather and share a lot of data with 3rd parties.
You can opt - out but with BD this means you can not use the product anymore.

GDATA dont use 3rd parties and their GDPR and privacy statement is very clear.

( and i love BEAST in G DATA )
 
After reading the privacy rules of BD, they are not clear. They gather and share a lot of data with 3rd parties.
You can opt - out but with BD this means you can not use the product anymore.

GDATA dont use 3rd parties and their GDPR and privacy statement is very clear.

( and i love BEAST in G DATA )

How is it running for you? For me it was quite heavy.
 
After reading the privacy rules of BD, they are not clear. They gather and share a lot of data with 3rd parties.
You can opt - out but with BD this means you can not use the product anymore.
I found their privacy info online and it seems pretty clear to me.

If you're only using an AV product but not VPN, Identity protection, etc. or paying for a subscription using Google authentication, etc... I don't see where they're sharing data with 3rd parties, e.g. if you use BD Free or BD AV. I'm not so sure about bundles with other features like BDTS. I may be wrong but that's how I read their policy. It seems pretty straight forward.

I also know you like GDATA and their privacy policy may be more clear, as you say. And as @safetrend says "G-DATA from 🇩🇪. trustable!" :cool:
 
For me, G Data is too heavy. BD works perfectly with me. I don't worry about privacy because every program collects your data and sends it out.
As I mentioned once only ARCABIT does not collect your data.
Is heavier than BD, but less bloated and GDPR is great. Detection wise its really great, in my tests it defeats BD, Gdata's BEAST is really powerfull.
 
OK. I also have a valid license for G Data but I am not changing the kit at my place. I am fine with it.
 
Hello :)
I didn't find any information about Bitdefender, but they are in Romania, and I know that this country has quite strict privacy laws, basically companies are not allowed to transfer personal data.

Antivirus companies usually transfer telemetry for statistical purposes, and unknown or modified files for study. Of course, not the whole file is sent, but a fragment.
 
1655954940716.png


So light.... what a difference.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top