Geforce 950GTX 64MB
4TB External Harddrive

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Was thinking, that after the Norton debacle, that you'd go back to GDATA. :rolleyes:
Like many others, I've ditched using any of the compromised 3. (in my case, the wife's new desk top had Trend Micro on it. I love it.....but a breach is a breach)

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Removed ExpressVPN ( too expensive for what i use it for )
Added Avira Phantom VPN because i have Avira Prime now.

Was thinking, that after the Norton debacle, that you'd go back to GDATA. :rolleyes:
Like many others, I've ditched using any of the compromised 3. (in my case, the wife's new desk top had Trend Micro on it. I love it.....but a breach is a breach)
You are right, better be safe then sorry. The funny thing is, you dont hear anything about it from the 3 themself ? Probably to busy rewriting a new product.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello, I would want to suggest you to use Google Drive for reliable data backup.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: harlan4096

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Hello, I would want to suggest you to use Google Drive for reliable data backup.

Thanks for sharing.
No thanks, nothing from " Google " for me. i even dont use Gmail or any google apps.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
JM Safe said:

No thanks, nothing from " Google " for me. i even dont use Gmail or any google apps.

I quite recommend Mega.co.nz . I am personally trying to go further away from Google products, they collect to much info, also I am sick of all the big company's getting all the market. Smaller companies should be helped out to grow, not just big ones like Google.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Added:

Firefox
uBlock Origin
I don't care about cookies
Eset Smart Security Premium with default/deny Hips rules ( by @Robbie and myself )
ExpressVPN

Removed:

Opera
Bitwarden
Avira Prime
Avira Phantom VPN

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Another great comp setup! Good day for setups on MWT!

~LDogg

Reactions: L0ckJaw

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
What would you consider to be the better suite?
I know Norton's Sonar is very good from my own testing.
The thing is i dont like American AV that much, i did a couple of tests in the Hub.
But the lightness of ESET in combination with Custom HIPS and Firewall rules makes it for me one of the nicest and lightest AV out there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.