Last updated
Apr 15, 2022
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Norton360 Premium
See screenshots for the settings.
Firewall security
About custom security
OoShutup
Simple Windows Hardening
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Hitman Pro
Emsisoft
Kaspersky
Malware sample testing
I do participate in malware testing. See details about my testing environment below.
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Adblock plus
Norton Safe Web
Norton Safe Search
Bitwarden
Decentraleyes
Secure DNS
No need (VPN on 24/7)
Desktop VPN
Private Internet Access
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Revo uninstaller
CCleaner portable
File and Photo backup
OneDrive Backup
System recovery
Aomei Backup

Onedrive full backup
Risk factors
    • Working from home
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Tower PC 2015
Intel i3
8GB Ram
Samsung evo 250 GB SSD
4x WD harddisk 1 TB
Notable changes
Aomei backup
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Removed : Bitdefender --> Systems will never start @ first boot ? Support ticket lead to no where.... keep on asking reinstall.
Well after 2x i give up.

Installed : GData Total Security again..... It just simply works.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Removed : Bitdefender --> Systems will never start @ first boot ? Support ticket lead to no where.... keep on asking reinstall.
Well after 2x i give up.

Installed : GData Total Security again..... It just simply works.

So you prefer G-Data over F-Secure?

Reactions: L0ckJaw

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
So you prefer G-Data over F-Secure?
For me , yes i like them both, both from Europe. But the privacy/GDPR part from GData is better. More clear, F-Secure uses 3rd party companies to handle things for them.
I have 3 years license for GData TS. so why not use it.

Reactions: Nevi and Trooper

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
Back to Bitdefender Total Security.
The latest update resolved my problem.
The best install and forget AV that I've used. Great on protection too. Use it on my family PC. Since you use BD I don't think you'll need Hitman Pro. Do you have a license for it? If not try Sophos Scan and Clean which is basically a free version of HMP. Another great piece of software you can try is Simple Windows Hardening. I use it with BD and they form a solid formidable combo.:cool::emoji_beer:

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
The best install and forget AV that I've used. Great on protection too. Use it on my family PC. Since you use BD I don't think you'll need Hitman Pro. Do you have a license for it? If not try Sophos Scan and Clean which is basically a free version of HMP. Another great piece of software you can try is Simple Windows Hardening. I use it with BD and they form a solid formidable combo.:cool::emoji_beer:
Hardly use HMP.
Gonna try simple windows hardener, thanks for the tip !

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
@Trooper unless you want the privacy firewall Antivirus Plus has the same protections otherwise including network protection, which is generally only a feature included with IS suites with their firewall. I found the firewall of BD to block Toredo for XBOX network and it’s a common problem with no solution, unless they’ve fixed it in the last year.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
@Trooper unless you want the privacy firewall Antivirus Plus has the same protections otherwise including network protection, which is generally only a feature included with IS suites with their firewall. I found the firewall of BD to block Toredo for XBOX network and it’s a common problem with no solution, unless they’ve fixed it in the last year.
No idea. I don’t play games.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015

I guess I would prefer the av firewall in it. But it would also not be a show stopper for me either. Assume the Antivirus Plus has less bloat than TS or IS correct?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I guess I would prefer the av firewall in it. But it would also not be a show stopper for me either. Assume the Antivirus Plus has less bloat than TS or IS correct?
It may be the same as IS minus the firewall, but it doesn’t have all the extra stuff TS has.

Reactions: Trooper

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.