Advanced Security L0ckJaw Security Config 2022

Last updated
Apr 15, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time protection
Norton360 Premium
See screenshots for the settings.
Device firewall
Custom security settings
OoShutup
Simple Windows Hardening
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser
Hitman Pro
Emsisoft
Kaspersky
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Browsers and extensions
Microsoft Edge
Adblock plus
Norton Safe Web
Norton Safe Search
Bitwarden
Decentraleyes
Secure DNS
No need (VPN on 24/7)
Desktop VPN
Private Internet Access
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Revo uninstaller
CCleaner portable
File and photo backups
OneDrive Backup
System recovery
Aomei Backup

Onedrive full backup
Usage and exposure
    • Working from home
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs
Tower PC 2015
Intel i3
8GB Ram
Samsung evo 250 GB SSD
4x WD harddisk 1 TB
Notable changes
Aomei backup
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

1650334247169.png

I mean this setting in Antivirus
 
Got it man thanks.

Does this look about right to you? Only thing I have noticed so far is it take awhile for the BD icon to show up in the system tray upon reboot/startup. WD and F-Secure are much quicker in that respect.

View attachment 265984
No worries, because the services are loading, Firewall, rules, the protection is there, it will get faster on your system after a couple of days
1650334600947.png
 
No worries, because the services are loading, Firewall, rules, the protection is there, it will get faster on your system after a couple of days
View attachment 265985

Got you. I did not install the VPN app. As I was here on the site I got a popup that a system update was being downloaded for BD. Not sure of the changelog. Assume it was not just signature updates.
 
This one also fixes the slow start, but be patient with it, let BD Settle on you pc for a couple of days
How it it running ?

Hard to say man as I was not on it long enough to tell. This am when I started it up, BD was still slow to load in the systray when I logged in. Logging in seemed to take longer as well. The only thing I have noticed for whatever reason, browsing seems faster with BD vs. WD or FS.
 
Hard to say man as I was not on it long enough to tell. This am when I started it up, BD was still slow to load in the systray when I logged in. Logging in seemed to take longer as well. The only thing I have noticed for whatever reason, browsing seems faster with BD vs. WD or FS.
The systray icon doesn’t matter. It is only the ui. The actual AV processes load up almost immediately at startup.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top