LANDRO CONFIG

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper for a good and reliable backup solution. Both have a good free version. ;)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

LANDRO

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 5, 2015
about backup will it require a huge amount of disk space or what i will check aomei. thanks to all reply

i also use zemana anti malware from time to time the motto these better safe than sorry :D manny thanks guys. and than UAC thing ill check it also :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
about backup will it require a huge amount of disk space or what i will check aomei. thanks to all reply

i also use zemana anti malware from time to time the motto these better safe than sorry :D manny thanks guys. and than UAC thing ill check it also :)
Well it depends on how much data you have stored on your machine, backups are compressed a bit.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @LANDRO, you are wise to heed the sage advice that has been mentioned for the fortifications of your configuration.:) I truly liked your choices, & also share your appreciation of Windows 7 SP 1.
I'd noticed you'd listed blocking ads but not trackers, yet both uBlock & Disconnect (happily) block certain ones of these by default.

A free software that's been around for some time is WinPatrol which alerts you of changes being made & the impact of programs upon startup. It warns you with a cute little rrrfff!:p
The extension our family uses most is also a secure password manager called LastPass.
In addition to adding 256 bit AES (advanced encryption security) during all our log-ins, it also makes our on-line lives a great deal more convenient, and it's free!;)
Thank you for sharing. We'll also look forward to reading your impressions to come!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

hope to have a good security advisers here thanks:p
EVERY avast! product, free or paid has avast! passwords. You do need to regularly back up your system and enable UAC, for the utmost protection, put it on the maximum Always notify. avast! is good :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Really nice config. If you want an extra layer of defense which is light on your system, you may consider re-enabling UAC and setting it at the default level, so that it's not as obtrusive.

Backing up your computer using full system images is extremely important, as they allow you to restore your system to an exact clean state in which it was when you created the system image.
You may consider these free backup applications for creating full system images to restore the exact state of your system as it was when you backed it up:
OR
Feedback is always appreciated, so tell us which changes you are going to make or not, and tell us what you think about our suggestions when using them! :p

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Also, concerning password managers, this is the one which I definitely trust, and use it everyday:
KeePass
1. It's open source (everyone can check its source code for any malicious lines of code, and if they still don't trust it they can compile it themselves from the source code they deem as most trusted)
2. It offers many layers of extremely strict security - more information here: Features - KeePass and here Security - KeePass
3. It has many helpful features.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Consider to have a backup browser in case the one you use at the moment may cause issues.

For backup, you need to have a handy external HDD to place those snapshot on any program you use to conduct 'backup and recovery'.

Besides you have a fine configuration already.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.