Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Is that to say that you have no active antivirus or anti-malware?
You cannot afford that. Please add a free antivirus (Avast/Avira) or a paid suite (Kaspersky/ESET/Bitdefender..)
ZAM is great! If it's premium, why not set it to realtime scanner as of now.
For browser safety, you can add Avira Browser Safety or Bitdefender TrafficLight.
Why do you have multiple RegCleaners and RegDefrags? You basically don't even need them. CCleaner is enough, or have a multi-functional Glary utilities.
For safety, backing up is important and a 'better safe than sorry' step. You can have Macrium reflect free or Easus tools.
Rest is good!
Keep checking for OS updates from time to time.

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

Let me recommend some light antivirus to accompany your firewall like Avast, Qihoo or simply use Comodo Internet Security. I do not like to depend on a single line of defense, I like to have a second "bullet in the ammunition clip" in case something goes wrong

Which browser do you use? I like having Chrome in my computer or some Chromium based and Firefox. LastPass extension makes my life very comfortable, I recommend it to you.

Try Aomei Backupper free, it´s great

Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Is that to say that you have no active antivirus or anti-malware?
You cannot afford that. Please add a free antivirus (Avast/Avira) or a paid suite (Kaspersky/ESET/Bitdefender..)
ZAM is great! If it's premium, why not set it to realtime scanner as of now.
For browser safety, you can add Avira Browser Safety or Bitdefender TrafficLight.
Why do you have multiple RegCleaners and RegDefrags? You basically don't even need them. CCleaner is enough, or have a multi-functional Glary utilities.
For safety, backing up is important and a 'better safe than sorry' step. You can have Macrium reflect free or Easus tools.
Rest is good!
Keep checking for OS updates from time to time.
I have ZAM in real time , i just forgot to put it :(
Having multiply registry scanners just to be 100% sure.
I had Avira Browser Safety but had to delete it because a problem occured, same with BitDefender.
I want the system to be as light as possiblem thats why i dont have AV.

Last edited:

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Let me recommend some light antivirus to accompany your firewall like Avast, Qihoo or simply use Comodo Internet Security. I do not like to depend on a single line of defense, I like to have a second "bullet in the ammunition clip" in case something goes wrong

Which browser do you use? I like having Chrome in my computer or some Chromium based and Firefox. LastPass extension makes my life very comfortable, I recommend it to you.

Try Aomei Backupper free, it´s great

Thanks for sharing :)
I want the system to be as light as possiblem thats why i dont have AV.
I use Chrome.
The passwords is in my head, no need to mess that up ;)
Im not familiar with Back ups.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Have you considered upgrading to Windows 10? Windows 10 built in security is much better.
Backups are an intergral part of a systems security. I would suggest some type of system & data backup solution.
Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper are both good free backup solutions.
CCleaner is usually more than enough then eliminate the multiple registry cleaners and registry defrag programs.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Removed ZAM completely, and MBAM.

Last edited:

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Changes:
User Access Control:MAX
Real-time Malware Protection:Windows Defender, ZAM
Firewall:Windows Firewall

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Well, COMODO Firewall, if set properly could also replace an antivirus solution.
Now, I would suggest you to install a backup solution, as already suggested, and what kind of problem you had with Avira Browser Safety?
Please update also your thread fields if you use Windows Defender.
Also, CCleaner is enough.
Thanks for sharing.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Well, COMODO Firewall, if set properly could also replace an antivirus solution.
Now, I would suggest you to install a backup solution, as already suggested, and what kind of problem you had with Avira Browser Safety?
Please update also your thread fields if you use Windows Defender.
Also, CCleaner is enough.
Thanks for sharing.
I changed in my profile from Comodo to Windows Defender but i still see the Comodo.
Avira Browser Safety collided with Ublock Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.