Laoel Security Configuration

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Eset Smart Security 9 with HIPS Enabled, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Acronis Try&Decide, Shadow Defender.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome (Extensions: LastPass, Ublock Origin, The Great Suspender, Alexa Traffic Rank, Google Translate, Gmail, Magic Actions for YouTube, Momentum )

Vivaldi (Extensions: LastPass, Ublock Origin, The Great Suspender, Alexa Traffic Rank, Google Translate, Gmail, Magic Actions for YouTube )
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor 2016, CCleaner, O&O Defrag 19 Professional Edition

Laoel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
Others Software Installed:

Music Player: AIMP
PDF: Foxrit Reader
Video Player: VLC, Splash Premium
File Extration: Winrar, 7zip
Customization: Rainmeter, CD Art Display
Backup: Acronis True Image 2016
Uninstaller: Revo Uninstaller Pro
Audio Plugin: DFX Audio Enhancer
Download Manager: Internet Download Manager
Cloud Storage: Dropbox
Partition Manager: EaseUS Partition Master
Torrent: uTorrent Pro 3.4.5

If anyone have any suggestion or tips will be very welcome :)

Last edited:

Laoel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
Looking fairly good consider to add Zemana Anti-Malware for another On Demand Scanner.

I never heard about Zemana Anti-Malware '-' - I will search about this Anti-Malware. Thanks for the tip (=

Reactions: Jrs30

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Laoel Here in Brazil Zemana is not known ... I am using the time ah! I can tell you it's very good!
Another one that I think is worth having, is the Emsisoft Emergency Kit :)

Aqui no Brazil Zemana não é conhecido... Estou utilizando ah um tempo! Posso te dizer que é muito bom!
Outro que eu acho que vale a pena ter, é o Emsisoft Emergency Kit :)

Laoel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
Yeah, sincerely I never heard about Zemana. I thought that Malwarebytes it was enough because is the "most" famous on this category. But I will try Zemana :) - Like you said, in Brazil everyone knows about malwarebytes. I did a search on the web about him and looks like very good to use (=

Well, this is one of the best things on life... living and learn [:

About Emsisoft Emergency Kit I never heard about him too - So many security softwares (x

Reactions: frogboy and Jrs30

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Yeah, sincerely I never heard about Zemana. I thought that Malwarebytes it was enough because is the "most" famous on this category. But I will try Zemana :) - Like you said, in Brazil everyone knows about malwarebytes. I did a search on the web about him and looks like very good to use (=

Well, this is one of the best things on life... living and learn [:

About Emsisoft Emergency Kit I never heard about him too - So many security softwares (x

Keep using Malwarebytes it is one of the only products I swear by Zemana however is not bad at all just for using as a scanner.

Reactions: Jrs30

Laoel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
Keep using Malwarebytes it is one of the only products I swear by Zemana however is not bad at all just for using as a scanner.

After your tip, I installed Zemana and I not knew how good is this software. I mean, Zemana looks like more "aggressive" than Malwarebytes. After installed, Zemana has found some threats on Google Chrome that I not knew I could have. It was more things related to websites I have visited.

Thanks for the tip. One more good software found thanks to you (and MT of course ^^)

You're safe. Thanks for sharing your config. :)

No problem, Noxx. It's a pleasure (=

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.