Solved Laptop is seriosly infected, tried many options, not sure what to do now, please assist

manoj manilal

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 21, 2018
Hi All

I have just recently joined community, Im happy I have done so.

I'm not that clued up, when it comes to the IT field, ironically I do live on my laptop.

I know the LT is infected, many registry changes etc. over the past year or so I have tried many software's and tools, Im sure some of them have made the situation worse (probably most of them !!!).

Today I downloaded the free WinThruster...even bought the premium package (Stupid I know!!), luckily I have not registered the product), as a threat pop up alerted me.

My LT takes very long to start up
I have network speed issued
I have modem issues
Random pop ups while on the internet
Register not correct
Lot of start up softwares
Hard drive virtually runs at 100% most of the time, heats up very quick.
Many large host processes, especially when on the internet.

I have uploaded my reports!!!

I will gladly appreciate yours guys assistance.

Thank you Manoj

Attachments

• error_report.txt
    7 KB · Views: 0
  • FRST.txt
    44.3 KB · Views: 1

manoj manilal

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 21, 2018
Hello,

You're missing the second report from FRST tool. By the way, is this a home or business/enterprise computer?
Hi Twinhead

I work from home, this was a work computer which I took it with me when I left my employment.

I have re-run the reports 1) FRST 2) Addition

They are both uploaded

Thanks Manoj

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    61 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    42.4 KB · Views: 3

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.