Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yeah with decent graphics card you probably don't mean integrated Intel hd graphics right ?

If your gaming requirements are moderate, then today's Intel cards are far enough with the budget you got. I've an Intel HD 4600 and many games play on it quite easily on medium to high.

Moreover I play games that were mostly released before 2012

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
If your gaming requirements are moderate, then today's Intel cards are far enough with the budget you got. I've an Intel HD 4600 and many games play on it quite easily on medium to high.

Moreover I play games that were mostly released before 2012
@jackuars It can handle games from pre 2013 and 2013 on low to medium settings, thought AMD is better equipped in the IGPU department, but Intel seems to be closing the gap slowly.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@jackuars It can handle games from pre 2013 and 2013 on low to medium settings, thought AMD is better equipped in the IGPU department, but Intel seems to be closing the gap slowly.

Honestly it depends on the game. I mostly play indie's. :D

And for big budget AAA games, most of which I play are pre-2010 and I've still a huge backlog of amazing games to play that were released prior to it. And all plays on high on my Intel 4600.

Best PC Games of All Time - Metacritic

Most games are pre 2010 here ;) I'm playing many of 'em.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@jamescv7 jamescim sorry but I don't know what those prices were, they weren'tin dollar

Yes ;), well you may just search some model name that you know the specification and convert to dollars for checking.

The reason I've posted that link since the store itself sells laptop without OS with great specifications.

marvin

Thread author
Nov 25, 2014
I barely missed the deal :(
But that was a really good deal I would've bought it if it still would've been there

I

illumination

Spoken like a boss, but Acer Aspire is still forbidden :p. Unless you want to end up on the gallows :cool:. (j/k)

LOL.. I want to add this in here, as i have an Acer Aspire that finally died recently, since it was going on 6 years old, had been reformatted at least several hundred times "my testing machine" and was once dropped by one of my kids cracking the case so badly i could never close it after that, i would say i got the bang for my buck. It was at the time, a $300 machine brand new from Walmart. They can be hardy machines.

The only bad i could say about Acer is they tend to come pre-loaded with tons of Bloatware, which for me, was not an issue, as i just removed all of that and went about my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.