Advice Request Lastpass & Yubico

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Hi MalwareTips,
I wanted to make a Yubioco key my only 2nd factor for logging in to Lastpass. Is there some magic setting to do this?
I have Yubikey added and enabled in the premium settings part of the last pass dashboard but it never asks for the key when I log in.
I even made sure it is the only 2nd factor method. If I add the Lastpass app for 2nd factor and set that to default 2nd factor method it does ask for the 2nd factor.
If I leave both Lastpass app and yubikey enabled but set Yubikey back to default 2nd factor it again doesn't ask for any 2nd factor when I log in.
I'm testing this with a Yubikey 5.
I have deleted all "trusted devices" and that didn't help.
Thanks for any suggestions.
CSVE.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I guess their engineers are on it. They have disabled login for everyone temporarily.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.