64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Forticlient w/ Syshardener, Window Defender w/ Hard_Configuree & ConfigureDefender
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • No security settings changes
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - for PUPs
    Zemana Antimalware - general scans
    NPE - only using when I know the system is infected
    Comodo Cleaning Essentials - for general computing aspects
    Browsers and Extensions
    Brave (Default browser)
    Click & Clean, Poper Blocker, Emsisoft Browser Security, Trace & Scriptsafe

Comodo Ice Dragon
    Extensions: Trace, ScriptSafe, Cookie-AutoDelete & uBlock Origin
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Nano Adblocker, Cookie Auto Delete, Scriptsafe & Trace
    Password Managers
  • Don't believe in using PW Managers
  • Web Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • System Utilities
    Syshardener 1.5, 7zip, Wise Disk Cleaner, Virtual DJ, Process Explorer
    Data Backup
    Aomei Backupper
    Frequency of Data backups
    Weekly
    System Backup
    Aomei Backupper
    Frequency of System backups
    Regularly

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    This is the new simple rig for my Panasonic Toughbook CF-52. The security is tight, every aspect covered from Phishing, Scripts, Ransomware, Malvertising and more. Please give me advice on anything I need to add. Thank for viewing.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 26
    Verified
    Content Creator
    If vivaldi had ' never remember history ' autoclean cookies on exit' you can use those features. Im not sure do i remember wrong.

Id appreciate if you take a look on slimjet, i know few people using it from malwaretips but im bit of shy using it myself.

Only thing that comes in my mind, that you are using forticlient antivirus + auto-exploit am i right? Do anti-exploit work for vivaldi, or do you even need it?

Reactions: oldschool

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    If vivaldi had ' never remember history ' autoclean cookies on exit' you can use those features. Im not sure do i remember wrong.

Id appreciate if you take a look on slimjet, i know few people using it from malwaretips but im bit of shy using it myself.

Only thing that comes in my mind, that you are using forticlient antivirus + auto-exploit am i right? Do anti-exploit work for vivaldi, or do you even need it?
    I believe for Vivaldi they are a few bugs. For Comodo Ice Dragon I believe it works fairly well. I will be doing a test when I have configured my Toughbook correctly to my specs over the next weeks! Have been thinking about taking off Vivaldi as I'm having refresh problems with Scriptsafe.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    .cool setup.consider HTTPS Everywhere too as an addon.
    Thank you for the suggestion, but in 2018 it's redundant as most of the sites now rollout HTTPS as default. Which is why I won't be using it and keeping down the number of extensions I'm using or not needed.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    .cool setup.consider HTTPS Everywhere too as an addon.
    If he use Forticlient & Netcraft and yet Scriptsafe he have far solid web protection. with this addon ssetup HTTPS is even useless.

However i dont se in info about any sandbox/izolation software for browser which should be nice security suplement

Reactions: LDogg

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    If he use Forticlient & Netcraft and yet Scriptsafe he have far solid web protection. with this addon ssetup HTTPS is even useless.

However i dont se in info about any sandbox/izolation software for browser which should be nice security suplement
    I have thought about Sandboxie for isolation of IceDragon, but I don't think it's needed as my browsing & downloading habits are logical. Only also download software or updates from official sites/sources :p

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 34
    Verified
    Hey @LDogg - you came back to the dark side with WD and H_C. Are you still running SysHardener, and if so, what settings? I ask because you'll have overlap, etc.. Also, because you have "Designated File Types" set to OFF, and you have no Enforcement, neither of which are default settings for Recommended SRPs. I don't know whether you intended these settings in H_C. I know when I first installed it, I hit a couple of toggles by mistake and later corrected settings. If you are going to use Designated File Types, you can add also: SETTINGCONTENT-MS & PUB extensions. Also you may show all of your changes in config. above. (y)

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    Hey @LDogg - you came back to the dark side with WD and H_C. Are you still running SysHardener, and if so, what settings? I ask because you'll have overlap, etc.. Also, because you have "Designated File Types" set to OFF, and you have no Enforcement, neither of which are default settings for Recommended SRPs. I don't know whether you intended these settings in H_C. I know when I first installed it, I hit a couple of toggles by mistake and later corrected settings. If you are going to use Designated File Types, you can add also: SETTINGCONTENT-MS & PUB extensions. Also you may show all of your changes in config. above. (y)
    I am still running Syshardener. They were turned off by myself because I couldn't run any short cuts at the bottom of my screen. Settings above are changed on the Config for this thread. :p

~LDogg