New Update LibreWolf Browser - A fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Does anyone know how to transfer multi-account container settings from Firefox to LibreWolf? I think I copied containers.json and cookies.sqlite but the lists of sites assigned to each container do not show up.

Reactions: Nevi

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Does anyone know how to transfer multi-account container settings from Firefox to LibreWolf? I think I copied containers.json and cookies.sqlite but the lists of sites assigned to each container do not show up.
Were you the one who raised the question at reddit?

Your answer maybe here

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
How does it far against Firefox out of the box? In terms of functionality stripped, etc..?
There are some websites which cannot display images when using LW as compared to FF. I tried to look for same domains in uBO main page for both but it seems some domains not available in uBO for LW

Last edited:

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Were you the one who raised the question at reddit?

Your answer maybe here

Thanks. My problem is that if I copy all of the contents of the profile from Firefox to LibreWolf, Multi-Account Containers works but Worldwide Radio doesn't, which is weird because the radio addon works in Firefox. It must be something in LibreWolf.cfg and something I set in Firefox about:config that's causing the problem because when I rename the cfg file, the radio addon works. Meanwhile, when I install a new copy of LibreWolf and add the radio addon, it works as well.

Given that, what I did was install a new copy of Librewolf, installed each addon, and then installed the saved settings of each addon. When I do that, everything works, including the radio addon, except for Multi-Account Containers, as there's no export settings feature for it and I don't use the sync feature in Firefox

I managed to migrate most of the settings by copying containers.json and cookies.sqlite. The only setting that's not copied is the list of sites assigned to each container. If I can find the file for that, then I've solved the problem.

Finally, I even asked the MAC addon developers at Github, but no answer so far.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Thanks. My problem is that if I copy all of the contents of the profile from Firefox to LibreWolf, Multi-Account Containers works but Worldwide Radio doesn't, which is weird because the radio addon works in Firefox. It must be something in LibreWolf.cfg and something I set in Firefox about:config that's causing the problem because when I rename the cfg file, the radio addon works. Meanwhile, when I install a new copy of LibreWolf and add the radio addon, it works as well.

Given that, what I did was install a new copy of Librewolf, installed each addon, and then installed the saved settings of each addon. When I do that, everything works, including the radio addon, except for Multi-Account Containers, as there's no export settings feature for it and I don't use the sync feature in Firefox

I managed to migrate most of the settings by copying containers.json and cookies.sqlite. The only setting that's not copied is the list of sites assigned to each container. If I can find the file for that, then I've solved the problem.

Finally, I even asked the MAC addon developers at Github, but no answer so far.
If I were you I removed Worldwide Radio addon in FF

Then copy the whole profile thing from FF to LW. Make sure Multi-account Containers works with all the sites available.

Then add Worldwide Radio addon to LW

Too bad Multi-account Containers do not have import/export feature like in uBO. I got a bad experience with it before

Last edited:

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
If I were you I removed Worldwide Radio addon in FF

Then copy the whole profile thing from FF to LW. Make sure Multi-account Containers works with all the sites available.

Then add Worldwide Radio addon to LW

Too bad Multi-account Containers do not have import/export feature like in uBO. I got a bad experience with it before

Thanks, that worked, including importing the radio addon settings!

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Anyone using CanvasBlocker v1.5 (latest version) in FF and LW?

Left is for FF and right is for LW. Noticed a whole section of 'Lists' for FF is missing in LW?

1618230651318.png
1618230682910.png

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I've tried this for a few weeks on and off and it just has a few annoying bugs on their Windows version. It does get updates regularly and I'm testing them as they get released.

Keeping a eye on this because it's a shame Mozilla doesn't offer this out of the box.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Could the Libre Wold users explain what the added value is over Firefox with one of the hardened user.js config available on Githb?

As far as i understand it is possible to switch of FF telemetry and adding extensions is something the user dependant. I guess people concerned about privacy will also apply safe-hex in regard to the add-ons they use (for advanced users the extension firewall and inability to change settings are more of a hassle than a blessing IMO)

Reactions: Zartarra and Nevi

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Could the Libre Wold users explain what the added value is over Firefox with one of the hardened user.js config available on Githb?

As far as i understand it is possible to switch of FF telemetry and adding extensions is something the user dependant. I guess people concerned about privacy will also apply safe-hex in regard to the add-ons they use (for advanced users the extension firewall and inability to change settings are more of a hassle than a blessing IMO)
My view is that you are looking at the same coin from its 2 sides.

FF, OOB, is not hardened. User needs to apply browser settings (or the optional js file) to harden it..................provided you know what settings to apply for hardening. FF is more suited for beginners and learn the hardening process as it gets along. In FF you can cherry-pick the settings you want to apply to the browser. FF is a mainstream browser, but too much hardening can cause site problems too.

LW is immediate hardened FF. User don't have to know what settings to apply. Of course, the flexibility is there for the user to adjust the settings..................provided you know what settings to adjust in the files. Too much flexibility in applying to the settings will result in losing its hardened features, in which case the FF browser would be better suited here. You may need to make much leeway in using this browser if you do not intend (or don't know how) to change the settings when a problem arises. Also, it is a non-mainstream browser and will have site problems.

You can get both the support from forums to adjust the settings in the browsers.

For beginners, it is better to start with FF and learn the way of hardening using browser settings and the js file(option).

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.