Link redirects

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
I kind of wish these programs would find something. I ran HitmanPro. No threats found. Then I ran ESET. No threats found. That one took almost two hours. Now I will start Kapersky, but if it takes a long time, I will need to let it run overnight. Thanks.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Charlestongirl said:
Will follow your latest steps now. Just got redirected to: http://216.244.77.140/click.php?c=869080997d7a625e3652d19b4ce9244a0dafe5f1337847e545cbff04679a77cac96241c655856bf337e3bb42a3dfea0873661de29fccdc8b14cdd28a80b19f8983e17d8ffc4e3340822fda12e1b0ba69

Trend caught it and I closed the window.

Off to run more programs.

In which Browser it is redirecting?

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
The Kapersky program finished, found threats, but would not print the report. It was frozen. Nothing I did could revive it. Windows told me the program was not responding.

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
I wish I had been able to test a lot tonight, but I got home late. I will continue testing tomorrow after work in both IE and Firefox. After the Kaspersky run last night, I have not had redirects in either browser. Stay tuned, please. I will test more tomorrow. Thanks!

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Hi, although I had no redirects last night in either browser, I just had two in Firefox. I am going to run Kaspersky again now and see what happens.

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
BTW, I found the Kaspersky log from Tuesday night. It was on my desktop. Is there a way I can attach it to this message? It has a lot of my file names in it.

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
I was rerunning Kaspersky virus removal tool and it had run for three hours and wasn't close to finishing. It had found 97 threats. A pop up came up while I was looking. It said c:\...\2302337D/thisdocument contains virus. It said I could click for details. I did. Big mistake. The program quit. I could not get it to start responding again. I had to reboot and start again. It will have to run all night.

I don't understand how it could have found so many threats when it ran to completion in automated mode Tuesday night. Somehow, the computer seems to be getting reinfected. ?? Anyhow, I do have the log from Tuesday, and with luck, I'll have another in the morning.

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Hi, just like Wednesday morning, I found the Kaspersky program locked. I tried to save the file, and it would not; just hung up. I should have copied it.

It said it found 192 threats that were deleted.

I started reviewing the last log, which had been saved to my desktop. I found them marked either OK or Archive. I don't know what Archive means. I opened one of the MS Office documents and found that Windows told me it had a problem. I deleted it. Was very old anyhow.

Last night, it appeared to indicate that I have the very old Word Class virus.

That's the report from here this morning. Ideas? Thanks!

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Kuttus, I found last night's log from Kaspersky and tried this morning to attach the very large log file from the Kaspersky run, but this board wouldn't take it. Ideas for how I can communicate it to you?

It found 192 threats - the same as Tuesday night. Could something be re-infecting the computer? If the tool is deleting threats, why/how are they coming back? Redirects continue.

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Kuttus, I just installed and ran ComboFix. I am now testing links.

I do have the Kaspersky logs, but am unable to attach them. I can't find a way to do it. I also have the ComboFix log. It did a bunch of stuff, including the deletion of a lot of temp files and an executable called GoToAssistDownloadHelper.

If I could figure out how to post new attachments, I would share all these log files. Thanks!

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
I am sorry for the late replay. I PC was down for 2 days...... :( Now I am back....

Please attach the Kaspersky logs......... Give me one new OTL Scan log also......

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
I am sorry to hear you were down.

I can't figure out how to attach the logs anymore. Please advise. I do not see anything I can do except Post Reply.

I will go do the OTL scan now. Thanks!!

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
I'm so sorry, Kuttus, but I cannot remember how to run an OTL scan. A reminder, please?

I searched for it, but only found the log file.

Charlestongirl

Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2013
OK, I found the OTL.exe file. Do you want me to run it the same way I did the first time, with the code you provided inserted? Not sure, so need to ask before I run. Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.